Jump to content

November friendlies


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The US and Canada should be playing a friendly against each in the US since we have so many US based players right now anyway. Its the only friendly which makes sense for either country right now. I h

Posted this in the Arfield thread, but Scotty mentioned that Herdman will be announcing a squad in the next two weeks. So, it sounds like a friendly is in the works: https://www.rangersnews.uk/in

I have an honours degree in Microbiology and Immunology from McGill.  So yeah, I know how viruses work as opposed to your opinions on virology. And for the record, I wants us to play a friendly i

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Shway said:

Like I said, nobody brought up the carousel that is Covid-19 ...you did, but you’ll somehow find a way to make it seem like I was insinuating that. So why talk about a ride, if you don’t want to go on it? That ride is dead to me, I just brought up the sad reality that we have come WCQ. 

Also this is a Canadian soccer forum, used for support, discussions and open debates. I have never insulted, tried to pick a cyber fight, or called anyone an idiot and if I did you would’ve gladly took your powers that be to ban me. If you took offence to me talking about your CSA defence shield, than maybe I struck a possible nerve - as that is very menial. I just think you don’t have any opinions that are contrary to the way the CSA operates, and I’ve seen it or lack thereof in your work. I never stated anything in regards that if you don’t feel the way I do “your an idiot” but go ahead - paint the picture. I just personally dislike when someone will take a verb of a quote and twist it for their own narrative actions. 

Lastly, I can list many reasons why it’s sad, the fact that you question it and completely ignore it from a sporting perspective is even more sad. However I’ll outline why it’s sad, that you can’t realize based on what you said. 
 

In previous January camps we have played in the previous windows...where as this one (hopefully) we haven’t played in what would be a year. The starting XI by March, would be playing crucial make or break WCQ games, when they haven’t played together in over 15 months (never has that been done before AFAIK) - while our direct competitors having been preparing for WCQ. Is that not sad a situation as a fan from a sporting perspective? Regardless of the variables that are a result of it, that sounds like low mid-tier Caribbean nation situations. 

In previous years when we had a camp poutine, we have always played in either of the October or November windows. So when the rare January camp has come around it’s always been rotational/domestic heavy camp - and it is what it is. We appreciate that. What’s sad is the expectancy our young core has to produce revolutionary results with inadequate preparation. 

I watched a top Jamaican club team, lose a knockout game to a mid tier Haitian team in Concacaf League. The Jamaican team didn't play together in 9 months, the Haitian team was 4-1-4 in their season that started in September. My point is without playing together, we’re expecting revolutionary results and I hope our boys can do it - we got two of the best young players in the world.

Sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shway said:

I'm hurt. You're implying that I'm on Roberts levels of annoying...damn that's really insulting. 

The person who had to repeatedly and publicly ask to be banned was Rintaran, who did nothing wrong (and was actually a solid contributor to this forum) but had grown tired of a bunch of shit he was getting from other posters here.

Weird that your mind went straight to Robert, though. I don't really count him, because he's been banned several times by others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RS said:

The person who had to repeatedly and publicly ask to be banned was Rintaran, who did nothing wrong (and was actually a solid contributor to this forum) but had grown tired of a bunch of shit he was getting from other posters here.

Weird that your mind went straight to Robert, though. I don't really count him, because he's been banned several times by others.

I'm confused. The man asked to be banned because of flack he was getting or was people were asking for him to be banned? Wasn't he a mod? and Wasn't their political or racist insinuations made. 

My mind went to him because you recently said "look who's banned again". Nice try though 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s confusing about what I wrote? Rintaran asked to be banned. 

As for Robert, I took care of his most recent sock puppet but had nothing to do with his previous bannings. If I’m as quick on the draw (and as fragile) as you seem to be insinuating, don’t you think I would’ve banned his previous incarnations way earlier?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The importance of not playing friendlies hurting us on the pitch has been over done here. Mainly because the three nations in our group haven't played any either. And the first match is vs Bermuda which I view as a comfortable way to get back playing together.

Of more import would be having our starters in good form at their clubs in Jan to March. Or just having Davies & David in decent form should be sufficient.

Having a January poutine camp is of more benefit for Olympic qualifying and Gold Cup. Only marginal benefit for WC qualifying.

The women not playing friendlies is a bigger issue since they have the Olympics next summer with a new manager. Plus, they have Own the Podium money to offset costs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, red card said:

The importance of not playing friendlies hurting us on the pitch has been over done here. Mainly because the three nations in our group haven't played any either. And the first match is vs Bermuda which I view as a comfortable way to get back playing together.

Of more import would be having our starters in good form at their clubs in Jan to March. Or just having Davies & David in decent form should be sufficient.

Having a January poutine camp is of more benefit for Olympic qualifying and Gold Cup. Only marginal benefit for WC qualifying.

The women not playing friendlies is a bigger issue since they have the Olympics next summer with a new manager. Plus, they have Own the Podium money to offset costs. 

And the winner of rational thought of the days goes to....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, red card said:

The importance of not playing friendlies hurting us on the pitch has been over done here. Mainly because the three nations in our group haven't played any either. And the first match is vs Bermuda which I view as a comfortable way to get back playing together.

So if I’m correct, we should only prepare as much as our lowly competitors do? While expecting in the near future to be able to compete with and be in the top 4 teams in Concacaf? 

That same mindset has seen us qualify for the WC since when?

Quote

Of more import would be having our starters in good form at their clubs in Jan to March. Or just having Davies & David in decent form should be sufficient.

Jesus Christ..., Its 2 months to catch form after the winter break (February to March) except for Hoilett. God forbid Davies doesn’t recover from his injury properly, and doesn’t play enough games returning from injury. And Lord help us that David starts scoring soon, as we are already seeing his minutes reduced.

But yes, let’s rely on them to make magic happen. That’s too much weight/expectancy on young shoulders. 

Quote

Having a January poutine camp is of more benefit for Olympic qualifying and Gold Cup. Only marginal benefit for WC qualifying.
 

This I 100% agree with. My ideal world was that January would’ve been a domestic U23, and November was a European only. 

Quote

The women not playing friendlies is a bigger issue since they have the Olympics next summer with a new manager. Plus, they have Own the Podium money to offset costs. 

No this isn’t. As no other women’s nationals teams are playing games. So every player is going based solely on club form. 

Edited by Shway
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I had too, I don't want to look like a bully. You avoid all logical questions from simply a sporting perspective, but you're a sporting media guy? I'm so curious to listen to your new content, but can't seem to find it anywhere - maybe it'll give me more context to your perspectives on things, rather than here? And I'm not saying you have to have the same response as others, but to be totally okay with these situations and find ways to agree to egregious statements like "we can rely on Davies and David"...is mind boggling to me. Especially for a sports guy who is skilled in journalism, sports writing, and interviewing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because I "like" a comment doesn't mean I agree with 100% of its content. That's the nuance I've been talking about.

We live in a world that doesn't allow us to look at things solely from a sporting perspective. Sorry if my acknowledgment of that disappoints you for some reason.

I'm going to tap out of this thread for a while. It's exhausting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your answer's are that of a politician. Looking for grey areas, to cover your thought process is the nuance. I would totally understand if you want a future role within the CSA, and don't want any contrary post being used against you.... but my God you are continuously looking for loopholes in statements and running with it.

What's funny is that those buttons are called "reactions"....and majority of the time when some uses it, they're either reacting to what a person has posted. It's either a like what the person has said, thanks for giving information ,confused at what was posted, or are sad about a post. If you don't agree, or it doesn't resonate with you at all....you simply don't react at all. 

I'll assume your exhaustion has left your mind ridden of social icons and there uses. But here's a fun reminder, don't like an eggplant emoji a dude might send you, unless you want it for dinner. 😉

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, red card said:

The importance of not playing friendlies hurting us on the pitch has been over done here. Mainly because the three nations in our group haven't played any either. And the first match is vs Bermuda which I view as a comfortable way to get back playing together.

Of more import would be having our starters in good form at their clubs in Jan to March. Or just having Davies & David in decent form should be sufficient.

That comment makes me believe you're more of a ref than player or coach.  One thing for sure, is you haven't played a semi-organized team sport with a coach ever, or in a really long time.  Let me tell you... lining up with players you don't know is not easy.  Ask Jonathan David.  Club form means NOTHING when you're on a different team.  

The other teams not playing friendlies either don't believe they can qualify for the WCQ, don't care, or just don't have the money.  If Bermuda had Davies, David and Eustaquio, they'd be donating money to their Soccer Fed out of their own pockets.

Friendlies are like pre-season.  They're used to test different formations, evaluate players, style and form, see which combinations work and which don't.  As well as creating team spirit and camaradary which is incredibly important in building a successful team and atmosphere.

Edited by costarg
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Shway said:

 

What's funny is that those buttons are called "reactions"....and majority of the time when some uses it, they're either reacting to what a person has posted. It's either a like what the person has said, thanks for giving information ,confused at what was posted, or are sad about a post. If you don't agree, or it doesn't resonate with you at all....you simply don't react at all. 

 

Sometimes when reading discussions or debate about topics I will like what the poster has said then read a reasonable counter argument below that makes sense as well, I'll hit the like button, it's not always that I agree with the point being made but if someone has presented a good case to support their view I may acknowledge that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shway said:

Your answer's are that of a politician. Looking for grey areas, to cover your thought process is the nuance. I would totally understand if you want a future role within the CSA, and don't want any contrary post being used against you.... but my God you are continuously looking for loopholes in statements and running with it.

What's funny is that those buttons are called "reactions"....and majority of the time when some uses it, they're either reacting to what a person has posted. It's either a like what the person has said, thanks for giving information ,confused at what was posted, or are sad about a post. If you don't agree, or it doesn't resonate with you at all....you simply don't react at all. 

I'll assume your exhaustion has left your mind ridden of social icons and there uses. But here's a fun reminder, don't like an eggplant emoji a dude might send you, unless you want it for dinner. 😉

 

Seriously, mate. I think you should seek professional counselling. You seem to have lost all perspective on the world. 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shway said:

Your answer's are that of a politician. Looking for grey areas, to cover your thought process is the nuance. I would totally understand if you want a future role within the CSA, and don't want any contrary post being used against you.... but my God you are continuously looking for loopholes in statements and running with it.

This really highlights a problem with journalism today. If a journalist is going soft on a topic because of his or her career aspirations, it is the reader who suffers at the end of the day. I understand why some would make this choice however. 

Edited by Obinna
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Seriously, mate. I think you should seek professional counselling. You seem to have lost all perspective on the world. 🙄

Yea you read everything, and that was your contribution to the conversation. A very futile point that is not even explainable. You were better at not saying nothing at all, mate.  

Edited by Shway
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shway said:

Yea you read everything, and that was your contribution to the conversation. A very futile point that is not even explainable. You were better at not saying nothing at all, mate.  

You've made 49 posts on this thread and haven't said anything new in the last 48. My contribution, by saying nothing, surpasses yours by posting the same tedious shit over and over again. You're fucking boring, mate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

You've made 49 posts on this thread and haven't said anything new in the last 48. My contribution, by saying nothing, surpasses yours by posting the same tedious shit over and over again. You're fucking boring, mate. 

Yea you're lost. I can list the various things I have mentioned in this thread for your inability to comprehend, but you have displayed that even then it will look all the same.  And if your looking for entertainment you're in the wrong place. Go watch porn, or maybe talk about your backup country that's playing to give you the entertainment you deserve. But that's another conversation...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Shway said:

Yea you're lost. I can list the various things I have mentioned in this thread for your inability to comprehend, but you have displayed that even then it will look all the same.  And if your looking for entertainment you're in the wrong place. Go watch porn, or maybe talk about your backup country that's playing to give you the entertainment you deserve. But that's another conversation...

My backup country? Fuck me, you're an idiot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...