CPL Players on Loan

7 hours ago, narduch said:

If if they don't publicly acknowledge it yet, they are 100% not going to start on Victoria Day like they hoped.

They need to get the contingency together and decide on it. 

My proposal was to do the first round, 7 matches, in a bubble, then come back near July 1 with better conditions for limited public at home games. 

If they don't start Victoria Day, apart from Victoria herself being unhappy about it, they won't be able get a full season in.

On 4/18/2021 at 9:39 AM, Mikmacdo said:

he can still be recalled at anytime, its just to get him more playing time while he waits for his visa and if the cpl season ever starts. 

I don't think that's true. He would need an international transfer since he would be switching the country he is playing in. I remember back before TFC II was created they had a partnership with Wilmington or something in the USL. They couldn't just call up players that were loaned there because it was an international loan, they had to wait for a transfer window. So American teams were able to recall players from loans on on American USL teams whenever they wanted, but the Canadian TFC couldn't recall players from American USL teams unless there was a transfer window open.

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'll do another one of these some bored day, but not sure there are any this season so far. Can anyone help?

Are you asking about players out on loan to other leagues? 19 year old CB Paul Amedume is doing well on loan with Pa Modou Kah’s side in MLS Next.  He’s getting lots of minutes and he scored his first professional goal last week