CPL Players on Loan

3 hours ago, narduch said:

Petrasso is starting for Barnet in the 4th qualifying round of the FA Cup v. Leiston. 

Barnet are favoured but are covid ravaged with a bench of 3.

Wow, Petrasso scored twice on his debut, the first goal, and the winner. So they go into the official draw of the FA Cup. 

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2020/october/match-pack-leiston-2-3-barnet-fc/

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

They played a 7th tier team but Petrasso is probably too good even for 5th tier Barnet.

This is what I was thinking. Should a CPL player be a standout in 5th tier England? I am not so sure. 5th tier is still higher than any other 5th in the world. I think it would be pretty well beyond most to be in League 2. We don't have enough loans out there to be able to use them to gauge the CPL level.

On 10/24/2020 at 2:10 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

This is what I was thinking. Should a CPL player be a standout in 5th tier England? I am not so sure. 5th tier is still higher than any other 5th in the world. I think it would be pretty well beyond most to be in League 2. We don't have enough loans out there to be able to use them to gauge the CPL level.

Exactly. Most of those teams are more professional than ours - in pay, setup, training, etc. Lower league England is full of domestic players pushed down the pecking order by the prevalence of foreigners in the upper leagues, and a fair number of foreign players to boot because the living is decent. Petrasso wasn't exactly a standout during any of his lower league loans while previously in the UK so if he's Tier 4 or Tier 5 quality, I'd take it as a decent sign for our league.

Edited by The Real Marc

• 3 weeks later...

Nope even if cpl camps start in feb players will spend the time before that preparing on their own..and in some countries second half of season starts around feb which is camp time for cpl teams so not worth it..and for those that start in january who wants to bring in a player who hasnt played a competitive game in five months

• 1 month later...

I see Viti started and scored today for Alavés B in Spanish 3rd tier, losing to Barakaldo away. Alavés B is in a playoff spot for promotion. He has figured in 7 of 8 matches for the team. The tier is just underway and plays a shortened season, with smaller divisions, as it started in late October for reasons of the pandemic.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I see Viti started and scored today for Alavés B in Spanish 3rd tier, losing to Barakaldo away. Alavés B is in a playoff spot for promotion. He has figured in 7 of 8 matches for the team. The tier is just underway and plays a shortened season, with smaller divisions, as it started in late October for reasons of the pandemic.

So with a CPL player doing well in Spanish tier 3 how does that equate to the CPL?

2 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

So with a CPL player doing well in Spanish tier 3 how does that equate to the CPL?

Have to remember there are habitually 80 teams in Spanish 3rd tier, called 2B,  in 4 divisions, this year the structure is all different.

So, Piette went from Spanish 3rd to MLS.

Fisk, from fourth and a bit of 3rd, to CPL. Aparicio was on the same team as Piette, only later, 2B, then to CPL. 

In contrast Soria at Edmonton was a 4th tier player. José Galan has gone from Valour to a 3rd tier team, but they are struggling.

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated the first post. Those whose loans have finished year-end are removed. Any other info on loans or details?

BTW, Viti's loan at Alavés has officially ended. He played 11 matches, over 800 minutes, scored a goal. They've published a note thanking him.

https://www.deportivoalaves.com/noticia/viti-martinez-finaliza-su-cesion-en-el-miniglorias

Can we sort a lsot of lans to CanPL and from CanPL since its beggining?

In

Blake Smith (Pacific FC)

David Norman Jr (Pacific FC)
Ryan Telfer (York 9)

Emery Welshman (Forge FC)

James Pantemis (Valour)

Julian Dunn (Valour)

Dante Campbell (Valour)

Robert Boskovic (Cavalry)

Faccineri (Ottawa)

Terique Mohamed (Edmonton)

Karifa Yao (Cavalry)
Keesan Ferdinand (Ottawa)
Jared Ulloa (Valour

Out

Viti Martinez (Ottawa)

Easton Ongaro (Edmonton)

Raul Tito (Edmonton)

Michael Petrasso (York)

Nicolas Hamilton (York)
Dominik Zator (York)

Julian Ulbricht (York)

Emil Gazdov (Pacific)

José Escalante (Cavalry)

Keven Aleman (Valour)

Is anybody missing?

• 3 weeks later...

Lisandro Cabrera has been sent on a short-term loan to Domincan Republic side Atlético Pantoja, apparently to help them in their round of 16 Concacaf Champions tie with Mexico's Monterrey. As the article suggests he will be back with the team for the season, I listed this as until May, although it could be until late April.

https://canpl.ca/article/york-united-loans-lisandro-cabrera-to-dominican-republic-side-atletico-pantoja

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Lisandro Cabrera scored in CCCL on Thursday, in losing vs. Monterrey, the first goal ever scored by the team and by any Domincan Republic team in the Concacaf Champions. 

yet on Cabrera...

is there any issue with the league ????? His loan would end when canpl season starts and now it was renewed until december