Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jordan

Canadians Abroad Oct 2 to Oct 8

Recommended Posts

In the Swedish 4th tier yesterday, Zac Epplette played the full 90 for Forward in a 2-2 draw with Huddinge.

In Norway's 3rd tier, David Paulmin played the full game for Kvik Halden in a 3-0 loss at Tromsdalen.

In the Finnish 2nd tier today, Jeff Addai came on for the final 21 minutes of VPS 2-0 win at AC Kajaani, and Zac Sukunda and Yann Fillion both played the full match for Ekenas in a 3-3 draw at Gnistan.

In the Swedish 3rd tier, Nyal Higgins played the full match for Nykopings in a 4-0 loss at Lulea.

In Germany, Froese came on in the 65th minute in a 4-0 win for Saarbrucken over Hallescher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saarbrucken(Froese) are leading the table in B3.  Early days after 3 games ...still impressive for a newly promoted team.  In Korea K1 Doneil plays the last 7 mins plus extra time in a 0-1 win for  Suwon Bluewings vs Incheon.  I assume he has been injured as he has not played or  been on the bench for the last several games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2020 at 6:36 AM, shamrock said:

Still no Kennedy dressed for Jahn. They're currently 1-0 against Karsruher.

In the 3rd Liga:

Elva with the start for Ingolstadt against Unterhaching (0-0)

Godinho on the bench for Zwickau (vs 1860, 1-1 ATM).

 

I spoke with Scott on the weekend.  He's been training with the team.  The Jahn coaching staff had the players do some speed trials recently. Scott was clocked at 35.5 kmh.  He's feeling good and he expects to play in the upcoming friendly against Nuremburg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

England

Theo Corbeanu starts for Wolves U21 against Bradford City. 90 in a shootout win. Game ended 1-1, Corbeanu scored the 4th PK. 

Jayson Leutwiler starts for Fleetwood against Aston Villa U21. Clean sheet in a 3-0 win.

Scotland

Zanatta is on the bench for Ayr's match agianst Albion Rovers. 41 minutes in a 5-2 win, 1 goal 1 assist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

MLS

Minnesota United vs. Nashville SC

Game on DAZN starting at 8:38 PM Eastern

Minnesota- Dayne St. Clair starts, Raheem Edwards is a substitute.

Nashville - Alistair Johnston starts for Nashville.

Game ends in a 0-0 draw, not many scoring opportunities in this one. Johnston plays the full 90, Edwards DNP and St. Clair picks up another clean sheet.

Edited by Strait Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strait Red said:

MLS

Minnesota United vs. Nashville SC

Game on DAZN starting at 8:38 PM Eastern

Minnesota- Dayne St. Clair starts, Raheem Edwards is a substitute.

Nashville - Alistair Johnston starts for Nashville.

Game ends in a 0-0 draw, not many scoring opportunities in this one. Johnston plays the full 90, Edwards DNP and St. Clair picks up another clean sheet.

Back to back 0-0s, how exciting! At least another clean sheet with Johnston at RB and St Clair with 4 shutouts in 8 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Eleven mls games tonight

Miller starting for orlando vs atlanta..akindele still injured

Chapman on the bench for miami vs red bulls..norman jr still injured

Buchanan, laryea, osorio, akinola starting and fraser and nelson on the bench in new england vs toronto

Brault and piette starting and pantemis, yao, shome, tabla, giraldo and bayiha on the bench for montreal vs columbus

Edited by Big_M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Eleven mls games tonight

Miller starting for orlando vs atlanta..akindele still injured

Chapman on the bench for miami vs red bulls..norman jr still injured

Buchanan, laryea, osorio, akinola starting and fraser and nelson on the bench in new england vs toronto

Brault and piette starting and pantemis, yao, shome, tabla, giraldo and bayiha on the bench for montreal vs columbus

No Waterman.... Is he injured or fallen out of favour with Henry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Picked up a knock at practice, should be available for Saturday 

Well that's good news especially since raitala will be on international duty so if Henry wants to play 3 at back so he'll have to play Waterman or Yao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MLS

Vancouver Whitecaps vs. San Jose Earthquakes

Tossaint Ricketts, Russell Teibert and Michael Baldisimo start for the Caps

🇨🇦 Subs are Isaac Boehmer, Derek Cornelius, Theo Bair, Ryan Raposo, Patrick Metcalfe and Damiano Pecile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^For us luddites who know nothing about WhoScored, what do those numbers actually mean? And why are some Canucks on that list (including injured ones like Hasal who didn't play this week or the last few) but not others like Buchanan (who clearly did)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

^^^For us luddites who know nothing about WhoScored, what do those numbers actually mean? And why are some Canucks on that list (including injured ones like Hasal who didn't play this week or the last few) but not others like Buchanan (who clearly did)?

I think the number is their rank in MLS i.e. Laryea is the 42nd best player in MLS based on their metric. I don't know all of WhoScored's methodology. I am guessing Buchanan is not in the top 10 Canadians.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For another reference, here is SofaScore's rankings and ratings for Canadians who have qualified by having a minimum number of appearances (defined as at least half the appearances of the guy in the league with the most appearances; minutes don't matter for this):

1. (31) Thomas Hasal - 7.20

2. (58) Mark-Anthony Kaye - 7.10

3. (83) Alistair Johnston - 7.04

4. (89) Richie Laryea - 7.01

5. (96) Jonathan Osorio - 7.01

6. (245) Samuel Piette - 6.77

7. (264) Derek Cornelius - 6.74

8. (268) Raheem Edwards - 6.73

9. (289) Dejan Jakovic - 6.70

10. (306) Tajon Buchanan - 6.67

11. (314) Zachary Brault-Guillard - 6.66

12. (327) Theo Bair - 6.65

13. (330) Russell Teibert - 6.65

14. (353) Tosaint Ricketts - 6.60

15. (370) Lucas Cavallini - 6.53

16. (380) Ryan Raposo - 6.46

 

Ineligible due to not enough appearances:

Dayne St. Clair - 7.34. If he were eligible he would be the top rated keeper and tied for 13th overall.

Michael Baldisimo - 6.81

Kamal Miller - 6.78

Liam Fraser - 6.73

Max Crepeau - 6.70

Jay Chapman - 6.66

Patrick Metcalfe - 6.51

Shamit Shome - 6.47

Just for fun:

Ayo Akinola - 6.91

Cristian Gutierrez = 6.78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

^^^For us luddites who know nothing about WhoScored, what do those numbers actually mean? And why are some Canucks on that list (including injured ones like Hasal who didn't play this week or the last few) but not others like Buchanan (who clearly did)?

The first number (1-10) is just the rank among Canadian MLS players. The second number the Who Scored rank. That is the player's rank among all MLS players who meet their qualifications (appearances, mainly). 

 

So, Richie Laryea is the top ranked Canadian player (among players with enough appearances). He is the 42nd ranked player in MLS (out of nearly 400 who meet the criteria). 

 

I don't know what their methodology is. 

Edited by One American

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One American said:

The first number (1-10) is just the rank among Canadian MLS players. The second number the Who Scored rank. That is the player's rank among all MLS players who meet their qualifications (appearances, mainly). 

 

So, Richie Laryea is the top ranked Canadian player (among players with enough appearances). He is the 42nd ranked player in MLS (out of nearly 400 who meet the criteria). 

 

I don't know what their methodology is. 

Thanks (and to El Diego too) for the answer, but I guess I should have made it clear that the bolded part is really what I was most interested in. It's interesting, for example, that Alistair Johnston is ranked higher than Jonathan Osorio, but without knowing the criteria/methodology they use, it's difficult to place too much stock into these rankings. I guess it suggests that Johnston must be doing something right at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Thanks (and to El Diego too) for the answer, but I guess I should have made it clear that the bolded part is really what I was most interested in. It's interesting, for example, that Alistair Johnston is ranked higher than Jonathan Osorio, but without knowing the criteria/methodology they use, it's difficult to place too much stock into these rankings. I guess it suggests that Johnston must be doing something right at the very least.

Yeah I think like most stats, the guys at the very top and very bottom are probably close to accurate, at least in general terms e.g. he's been good and he's been bad.

That's partially why I looked up the ratings from another site, to see which guys they were consistent on. Hasal is high on one, low on the other. St. Clair is high on both. Laryea, Johnston, Osorio, and Kaye are the clear four best outfield players on both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What this tells me is that Cavallini Is woeful. Hopefully he improves over the Caps move him somewhere where he can flourish. 

Edited by Boominbooty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...