Center Backs - Our Weakest Link

costarg

1 hour ago, Kent said:

If I am understanding transfermarkt correctly, it looks like Dunn doesn’t return from his Valour loan to TFC until November 30th. Do people know otherwise? I have seen several calls for him to get playing time for TFC but it seems like he isn’t eligible. Is that accurate or is he allowed to return since there is no international transfer happening.

Hard to say because i remember seeing twitter posts of Dunn joining up with the team in Hartford. Even had some pictures.

With the CPL season done, surely he's eligible to play for TFC now.

Edited by Colliedor

1 hour ago, Colliedor said:

Hard to say because i remember seeing twitter posts of Dunn joining up with the team in Hartford. Even had some pictures.

With the CPL season done, surely he's eligible to play for TFC now.

Theoretically, his playing registration could still sit with Valour while he's back training with his parent club. He just can't play official matches until his registration reverts back.

It's honestly not that bad right now

Vitoria is starting in the sixth best league in the world. 

Cornelius has had a few decent performances lately. 

Henry is starting in Korea and I haven't heard of him making many errors like he used to. 

James is playing more at a highest level of his career. 

Waterman was just man of the match. 

Zator could be headed to the championship.

Kennedy just made his b2 debut. 

2 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

It's honestly not that bad right now

Vitoria is starting in the sixth best league in the world. 

Cornelius has had a few decent performances lately. 

Henry is starting in Korea and I haven't heard of him making many errors like he used to. 

James is playing more at a highest level of his career. 

Waterman was just man of the match. 

Zator could be headed to the championship.

Kennedy just made his b2 debut. 

Just to add to what you said.

Vitoria has been captain for a mid-table Portuguese team the last few games playing 90 minutes regularly.

Henry scored today and is a starter in Korea.

James is the 3rd CB on a Champions League team/ top team in Denmark. 

Kennedy is very close to getting time in 2 Bundesliga.

And 4 MLS level CBS.

Edited by Stryker911

• 1 month later...

Don’t watch to much of the premier league, but I was curious how many mins Tomori has gotten since he got his England caps. He’s played 45 mins in the league since mid September, and 188 mins in the league cup. 

This guy is gonna get buried at Chelsea like so many before him has. Which got me thinking. How unlucky for Canada fans that this guy got a 3 month starting spot for Chelsea?

If Derby wins that promotion match, he probably stays there for another season, and doesn’t probably get the call. If Chelsea didn’t get 3-4 serious injuries at CB, he doesn’t get a sniff at the starting spot, and doesn’t get called up. 

But that decision is on him. He may never get a legit shot at playing for England, and will have to watch international football from his couch for the rest of his career. 

Could have been a big part of something special with the country he was born in. Oh well. 

51 minutes ago, TOCanada115 said:

Don’t watch to much of the premier league, but I was curious how many mins Tomori has gotten since he got his England caps. He’s played 45 mins in the league since mid September, and 188 mins in the league cup. 

This guy is gonna get buried at Chelsea like so many before him has. Which got me thinking. How unlucky for Canada fans that this guy got a 3 month starting spot for Chelsea?

If Derby wins that promotion match, he probably stays there for another season, and doesn’t probably get the call. If Chelsea didn’t get 3-4 serious injuries at CB, he doesn’t get a sniff at the starting spot, and doesn’t get called up. 

But that decision is on him. He may never get a legit shot at playing for England, and will have to watch international football from his couch for the rest of his career. 

Could have been a big part of something special with the country he was born in. Oh well. 

No doubt about it - that one hurt more than any other recent defection.  

1 hour ago, TOCanada115 said:

You play those games, you win those prizes.

That door is shut tight for now, though FIFA might still loosen things up in the same manner as  Olympic athletes who change countries (such as last year with the female bobsledder), so the focus should rightly be on the guys we have committed or on the radar.

I am looking forward to seeing how Miller does in Montreal, hopefully as a regular starter.  I wonder how Cornelius's season will play out in Vancouver because the coaching staff seems to prefer Godoy and Veselinovic as a regular first choice pairing.  

2 hours ago, TOCanada115 said:

Tomori is 23 - I doubt he’s written himself off from future England call ups.
Also, I never understand why people assume if he didn’t chose England he would have chosen Canada over Nigeria. I don’t think that was quite the slam dunk.