New FIFA Eligibility Rule

Shway

This is bad for our long players right? Because unless we make a World Cup, we would be waiting for the Gold Cup to cap tie players (unless nations league counts as a tournament). I guess its a good thing that the Gold Cup is every 2 years.

This also means that players who have played more than 3 friendlies are now captied right?

28 minutes ago, canta15 said:

This is bad for our long players right? Because unless we make a World Cup, we would be waiting for the Gold Cup to cap tie players (unless nations league counts as a tournament). I guess its a good thing that the Gold Cup is every 2 years.

This also means that players who have played more than 3 friendlies are now captied right?

That's the way I read it. Sounds like 3 friendlies or 1 official match before they turn 21. I guess after 21 it's still 1 game and your capped.

10 minutes ago, johnyb said:

That's the way I read it. Sounds like 3 friendlies or 1 official match before they turn 21. I guess after 21 it's still 1 game and your capped.

I think you’d need 3 qualifying matches to be cap tied as well. 1 “tournament” match cap ties you, not 1 “official” match