Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
narduch

Match Thread: Island Games - Final - September 19, 2020 - Forge v HFX Wanderers

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

question: who does the concacaf league spot go to? Let's say Forge beat TFC and get the CCl spot.

I havent heard. Seems to be confusion over whether it would be cavalry as last season's runners up or Halifax. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gator said:

Bring on TFC! Seriously though they need to play this match soon or Forge will be at even more disadvantage! 

I am sure MLSE would offer up a jet to Forge to fly down to Hartford to play to it anytime. Set it up CSA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I havent heard. Seems to be confusion over whether it would be cavalry as last season's runners up or Halifax. 

or the CSA gives it to TFC. In all honesty  Concacaf League is smack dab in the middle of the MLS playoffs so I am not sure if they could/would even take it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what happens fn the Canadian Final is played after Concacaf League starts? CL starts on Oct. 20th. The first two rounds are single leg due to the start being pushed back due to the pandemic. The two leg final is scheduled for late Jan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cblake said:

or the CSA gives it to TFC. In all honesty  Concacaf League is smack dab in the middle of the MLS playoffs so I am not sure if they could/would even take it. 

That is possibly the dumbest idea I've seen on this site in awhile. And Robert is back!

Forge have to play a CONCACAF League game in Central America on Oct. 20-22. 

As far as i can tell, TFC have only scheduled their next 3 games. 

As much as it would suck, the Voyageurs Cup match could be played before or after Forge's CL game. In the US if necessary. Its going to be closed doors anyways.

It's dumber if its played 2 or 3 months later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, narduch said:

That is possibly the dumbest idea I've seen on this site in awhile. And Robert is back!

Forge have to play a CONCACAF League game in Central America on Oct. 20-22. 

As far as i can tell, TFC have only scheduled their next 3 games. 

As much as it would suck, the Voyageurs Cup match could be played before or after Forge's CL game. In the US if necessary. Its going to be closed doors anyways.

It's dumber if its played 2 or 3 months later.

If its in Hartford it may not be closed doors. TFC is talking about selling tickets to their final 4 games of the regular season they play in Connecticut. Wonder how many Forge fans would fly down even though they would have to quaretine for 14 days after coming home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach in the post game said the guys will have 5 days off and then get ready to represent CPL in Concacaf. Do TFC not until after

Forge with a big advantage over the next couple months. Whats all the other teams gonna be doing? Playing fifa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cblake said:

or the CSA gives it to TFC. In all honesty  Concacaf League is smack dab in the middle of the MLS playoffs so I am not sure if they could/would even take it. 

Clanachan confirmed at the start of the island games the CPL would get both spots if a CPL club wins the VCup. Let's be honest it's a moot point anyway lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Clanachan confirmed at the start of the island games the CPL would get both spots if a CPL club wins the VCup. Let's be honest it's a moot point anyway lol

TFC is obviously rolling but if they think it’s a game off then like Vancouver and Montreal last year a CPL team can surprise them.  If TFC brings their A game they should win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't have no complaints about the result, Forge were full credit for their victory.

We never really tested Henry on the whole.  There was plenty of possession and the effort was there but the juggernaut was too much to overcome.  I think even if Oxner had come up with that ball near the end of the game I don't think we would have gotten an equalizer.

Overall, we exceeded expectations and the team really gelled as cohesive unit.  The big challenge will be the club's attempts to keep some of these guys as I can offers coming in for Garcia, Morelli, and Schalle.

Look forward to seeing Forge give Toronto FC a game in Voyageurs Cup.  I'm sure they will do well in Concacaf League just like last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...