Match Thread: Island Games - Group Stage - Sep. 12, 2020 - Cavalry v HFX Wanderers

narduch

After getting robbed by the BS penalty call against Forge, this is a big one for HFX. I haven’t crunched the numbers, but sitting on one or two points going into the last game would have to be pretty much fatal.  

A Cavalry win and they are in the finals. Pretty simple for them. 6 points will be enough to get one of the two spots.  

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'm also hoping for HFX to win it, mostly because for Halifax it would mean a lot more than for any other team in the league. 

I also like the idea of a Maritime team winning in PEI. 

Next year I'll have a different pic if PFC don't get close enough.

I will also be rooting for HFX. The only worry would be that the best team in the first 2 years of CPL did not ever win a championship and could decline (potentially not likely) after this year. They need to stamp their significance somewhere in these early years' championships.

4 hours ago, Ruffian said:

I will also be rooting for HFX. The only worry would be that the best team in the first 2 years of CPL did not ever win a championship and could decline (potentially not likely) after this year. They need to stamp their significance somewhere in these early years' championships.

I fully agree with you on Cavalry, but things change. They are not as dominant as they were last season, and their stars from last year are less stalwart, like Carducci. So I don't feel they deserve anything more than they are willing to take. Frankly, they underperformed when it counted in the finals last season, and this year they are up there and strong but not anywhere close to last year's image.

I am basically in favour of any CPL team that can win it deservedly. Last year Hart seemed to be out of his league a bit, this year he's proving us wrong, and I think that is great. 

I'd be dissappointed, say over a twenty year period, that we had a team in the league that had never gotten to the finals, for example.