Match Thread: Island Games - Group Stage - Sep. 12, 2020 - Forge v Pacific

narduch

9 minutes ago, davey_twelve said:

Pacific starting what I think is their best IX, which has happened like once this year. They need to get a good lead early as Forge has a much better bench.

Yes, no penalties please. Hoping for a great game.

Campbell and Hojabrpour would have been two of the first names on my team sheet at the start of the season, but I think you’re probably right and they’ve lost their spots. Young has been a pleasant surprise for me

Edited by Aird25

29 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Campbell and Hojabrpour would have been two of the first names on my team sheet at the start of the season, but I think you’re probably right and they’ve lost their spots. Young has been a pleasant surprise for me

I agree on Hojabrpour, I think he showed a lot of growth over the course of last season. He's really close to Baldisimo but MB is obviously preferred by the current coaches. Baldisimo is also essentially the 3rd CB so I can see why more time is invested in him.

The Pacific squad size has really caught up with them unfortunately.

Great result for Forge who have one foot in the final with this win. They managed the game exceptionally well. Very similar to Cavalry the high press was fantastic in the first half and although Pacific had the ball they pressed them into mistakes and still controlled everything. 

Much like ottawa and valour there is lots for Pacific to take out of this season. With some key additions to make up the squad numbers they can potentially bridge the gap again next year.