Pics from the Island Games

dyslexic nam

I didn't want to clutter up the Island Games or CPL General threads, but figured I would post some pics I have taken from the three games I have attended.  I am hoping to snaffle my way into the HFX game on Saturday as well, so there could be more...

Game 1: FC Ed vs Y9

Aug 1/20

00_03_PrinceEdwardIsl.jpg

118376816_2245593425587485_2144928940924902165_n.jpg

118573315_1198144883899708_3516119803454833882_n.jpg

small - IMG_1380.JPG

small - IMG_1381.JPG

small - IMG_1383.JPG

small - IMG_1394.JPG

Edited by dyslexic nam

2 minutes ago, CANMNT_SUPERFAN said:

Did you manage to talk/meet any of the players/coaches by any chance @dyslexic nam???... Take a photo with them if you do, lol... Wait to see that post!

The only one I really interacted with was Damian Rocke - assistant coach for Valour.  That was for the deliveries.  Good guy - and the reason I have a really sweet signed jersey - but even for the deliveries there was always a social distancing mandate.  I doubt there will be any photo ops with players or staff.  At first, the isolation protocols were to protect Islanders from possible exposure from outside, but now it is to protect the players so that the league can continue without any risk of spread - which means that their isolation will continue until it is all over.  

On 9/11/2020 at 12:01 AM, CANMNT_SUPERFAN said:

Did you manage to talk/meet any of the players/coaches by any chance @dyslexic nam???... Take a photo with them if you do, lol... Wait to see that post!

So not a player or a coach but I was chatting with a guy and noticed he had a CPL mask. I asked him where he got it. 

“Oh, I am the commissioner of the league”.

Turns out I was talking shop with David Clanachan.  Ha.  

D089AF1E-BEC2-41FD-809F-B347B2BCC0EF.jpeg

36 minutes ago, _Roberto_ said:

Since you are the unofficial Voyageurs photographer, and the fact that you and the "Commish" are buddies, would it be possible to ask him if you could take some pre-match team photographs?

Canadian soccer history in photos: 1970s to 1980s – Canadian Premier League

Alas, no.  Isolation protocols are still in place between teams and Islanders.