Match Thread: Island Games - Group Stage - Sep. 9, 2020 - HFX Wanderers v Forge

narduch

3 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Seems like the field mic levels have been turned up. You can clearly hear a lot of the chatter.

It's hilarious that even in the top league in Canada you have players just screaming "MAX MAX MAX" or "KYLE KYLE KYLE" when they think they're open and they want the ball. 

The amount of yelling and screaming is crazy.  Maybe it is normally drowned out by crowd noise Or turned down for TV  - but this is more than I have ever heard before.  

Clearly not a PK, other than the giveaway and beautiful shot by Garcia these teams were very evenly matched.  Halifax don't need a lot of possession but look dangerous when they have it and very hard to break down.  Feel bad for this ref who I thought had the best first round of any referee.  This is going to be a tough tough round, no idea who goes through.

I just watched the highlights as well and there is no way in hell that is a penalty.  HFX really got done in there but I was very impressed by their play in previous matches.  I actually like this team a lot with Oxner and Schaale at the back and Garcia and Rampresad in attack.