Match Thread: Island Games - September 5, 2020 - Forge v Valour

narduch

39 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Ignoring the forward position was a huge mistake, but where else did this team lack depth? Dunn was key player that came late on a loan deal, but he was basically a one for one replacement for Soto. It's hard to imagine the depth being tested more over a 28 game schedule with proper rest than it was in this 7 game tournament with at best 3 days off between games. Six of the players to line up in defense for Valour were injured on the island. I don't think that would be likely to be repeated under any other circumstance.

I agree about the U-Sports draft, though few of the other draftees have made valuable contributions so far. The team wasn't good enough this year, but much improved from 2019, including in organization, defense, and especially mentality. As much as I hate to admit it, much of the credit for these improvements has to go to Gale.

I think it was easy to improve from last years team by basically bringing in players with better attitudes and experience. 

I think gale is a good coach. I think it would be surprising to see him let go. Especially with his place in the Winnipeg community. It might be time though to bring in some back room staff to look after management and signings. Club needs to invest some money in building a club