Match Thread: Island Games - September 2, 2020 - Valour v HFX Wanderers

narduch

For all intensive purposes an elimination game for the Wanderers as I don't see 10 points (draw today and win Sunday) being enough to get through.  

They have had success against Valour in the past, but not having Morelli is a big blow so hopefully Hart gets the team-sheet right today.

Edited by Terry_Canuck

Galan just can't keep up fitness-wise at his level. A liability whenever he's asked to defend.

Valour have dominated this half more than any other in this tournament and they're down. Luck has not shone down on this team in this tournament.

Edited by jonovision

49 minutes ago, narduch said:

Full-time HFX win 2-0.

Valour still in it technically 

Yes, but it looks like it's going to be a *LONG* off-season. 

Before the island games I felt being in the hunt for 4/5 position would be a good result, now being outside of the top three feels like a punch to the gut. We were so close!

Fun game. Valour need a lot of results to go their way and have to beat Forge. Likely by a couple of goals. 

Harsh due to the progress that has been made. So many teams have made improvements though. 

Best bet is beating Forge, hopefully by more than 1 goal, hoping one of Cavs or York batter the other by multiple goals, hoping Ottawa draw tonight and beat Halifax at the weekend then Edmonton beat Pacific. Long odds. Not least because I am not sure what I wrote was correct. My head hurts.

5 hours ago, jonovision said:

Halifax have been trash this half and up 2-0. That's the difference between AJB and Hocine on both goals.

Sorry but the second is clearly Cabrera’s fault, 10yard pass with no pressure zipped at hoicines face. 

seriously cabera does well on the wing and is out of place at rb. So the coaches put him right back. Lol

Same question six matches in as I had before the tournie.  Where do the goals come from?  Same question I expect a lot of other people had.

Didn't see the match, just listened on the mobile, sounded like things were going good.  And had not to show for it.

It's a short season, a weird season, and I don't claim to be smart enough to see how this team would have looked later into a normal season but I suspect I'd be asking the same question 15 matches into a 28 match season as I am 6 matches into a 7 match tournie.  Where do the goals come from?

Don't know.  Don't ask me.  I didn't put together this team.

Grrrr...