Match Thread: Island Games - August 29, 2020 - Valour v Edmonton

narduch

Match is at Noon ET on One Soccer. 1pm ET tape delay on CBC.

Valour need a win to get back into the race for the top 4. They lost 2-0 to Pacific mid week.

Edmonton is sitting on 1 point and would need to run the table to have a shot at advancing.

17 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

What is the status of Levis?

I've heard no specifics, but he's obviously injured fairly seriously. Valour have no left backs remaining on the roster and Edmonton would be foolish not to spend the whole match attacking the forward, Pena, who has been forced to play that position the last two games.

Valour could be in trouble with that lineup. 

you would think that if the team was down to it’s 3rd string left back ( whose not a left back in the first place) that the coaching staff would adjust it tactics and play a formation that suits the players it has. 

aleeman will run that mf I would imagine to. 

2 minutes ago, top cheese said:

Valour could be in trouble with that lineup. 

you would think that if the team was down to it’s 3rd string left back ( whose not a left back in the first place) that the coaching staff would adjust it tactics and play a formation that suits the players it has. 

aleeman will run that mf I would imagine to. 

I think Gale has gone with the most attacking setup he reasonably can put together. A draw does them no good here, so I think it's a risk worth taking.

2 minutes ago, Wippersuna said:

So far it looks like he brings an ability to lose the ball and hope desperately that Ohin somehow gets him the ball through a minimum of 2 defenders. 

He's been frustrating but also has shown about as much in 30 minutes as Kacher did in 3 matches previous. The left side of  Valour is just a disaster with the injuries to Bouka-Moutou and Levis. That said, any CPL team would suffer with injuries to two of their best 4 or 5 players.

One notices the level of play improving with every match for all teams (weather anomaly matches aside). There was some positive stuff from both teams, but not enough quality in the end from the attacking players on either team. Austin Ricci, in particular, seems a hard worker lacking in high end skill.

Ohin's miss was probably the best chance of the half.