A Domestic Camp for U23 Preparations?

Shway

I believe qualifying for the Olympics would be on par with qualifying for the WC (not in the football word, but relevance to our world). The 50-man provisional roster was released months ago. And now that the CPL is back and running, we have seen that there is some guys making noise that could be included in the 20 man roster, and they weren't included in the 50 man provisional team (Farsi specifically). There also is some guys who looked liked sure slots, now playing in the CPL and look on par with some of the guys omitted. 

Looking at that list the CSA should try to organize a domestic camp for the CMNT U23 team. With the uncertainty that Covid-19 has brought to Canadian MLS teams schedule, it would be a great opportunity to take advantage of trying to schedule some exhibition games against MLS sides that will need some games, especially for their fringe players. 

The reality is that a lot of guys are going to be overlooked without a look, and we need to try to bring our best side possible with adequate preparation to expect a good outcome - something we barely do at the youth levels.

Mauro/CSA/OneSoccer guys I hope you read this.

Edited by Shway

Money and safety. 

I am sure they would like to. It makes sense. They wouldn't likely shell out for this type of thing in normal circumstances let alone with additional costs and red tape etc. 

I am interested to pop back into the Olympic Roster thread and see how the start of the CPL has dictated our choices. Dunn was completely a borderline choice for some in March. Can't see anyone leaving him out now!

The minute herdman was appointed they should have had two camps one for n.american players and one for europe based in Europe. See as many people as possible to explain the vision and new style, values etc.

Again I am sure the CSA would be more open to it if they had the money. Doesnt mean we shouldn't be doing it but it costs and CSA don't spend money very often.