Match Thread: Island Games - August 25, 2020 - Pacific v Valour

narduch

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Based on more than a season of evidence, he's not a great player.

Huge shame considering how highly rated he was at QPR and his early promise in Scotland.

On the upside feel better this result likely screws York more than Valour. Can get back on track against the Eddie's on the weekend.

1 minute ago, Cheeta said:

Probably the right result.  Not working at all tonight.  At least Pacific's press threatens some offence.

Bit harsh calling the 1st goal Dunn's to wear.  In his defence though, I thought he was surprised to have the ball get to him.

First goal was on Pena for allowing the cross (has to close the space) and Pantemis for missing the ball. 

Oh yeah, brutal spot kick by DC there.

Karcher is a reactionary player.  Hundal has some talent but is one of those players who is better with better players, so wrong team for him and I haven't a clue what to make of Dyer yet. 

It'll be simple, dumbed down, goals out of this team from what I've seen and I'm not seeing the forward pace to help that.

20 hours ago, top cheese said:

Is Garcia injured to?

the team drafted a left back last year in the usport draft but decided against using him and the other picks they’ve made in the past two seasons. Bad asset management. 

Garcia travelled with the team however has not dressed for any of the 4 games thus far which may suggest an injury.  With respect to the left back position, it is my understanding that a local lad who is a natural left back did train with team the entire pre season and his name was actually entered in the tournament roster as a potential emergency back up. Gale however opted not to take him and opted to sign another right sided player on loan instead  ( Campbell) 

Just watched the highlights of this game. What a mess of defending for valour on both the goals against. Looks like mistakes u12s wouldn’t do. The first goal. The entire left wing had carrerrio chasing the ball carrier in mf, Pena standing in front of ajb to mark. Then paterimis not getting the cross and Dunn slipping and not clearing. Carreiro and Pena look like they have no clue in defensive shape there. The second pacific in possession at mf and where was cabera 3/4 of the way up the pitch 1v1 with blanco. What a gap! And to make things worse gives up on tracking the goal scorer. What a mess!!!

On 8/25/2020 at 7:10 PM, Gian-Luca said:

Watching the post-game show on onesoccer. Note to the producers of this segment - more Laura Armstrong and less Kurt Larson please. Especially with that shirt

Agree.  Kurt Larson’s appearance and comments didn’t win the CPL any points.  Where did they find that guy?

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

Agree.  Kurt Larson’s appearance and comments didn’t win the CPL any points.  Where did they find that guy?

I disagree with just about everything I’ve ever heard Larson say,  but I think that’s his shtick 

2 hours ago, Roy said:

Why would the powers to be at CPL allow Kurt to continue to tarnish the image of a new league?  Y9 sporting very professional looking pre and post game attire...Kurt Larson beach shirt and no socks...and he is the expert. Disappointed. 

Larson is a One Soccer/Mediapro employee. He is not employed by the CPL.

I just would like to add that I have never been a fan. Going back to his days covering TFC for the Sun.

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Larson is a One Soccer/Mediapro employee. He is not employed by the CPL.

I just would like to add that I have never been a fan. Going back to his days covering TFC for the Sun.

Okay makes sense. Kurt probably pays Medipro so he gets to go on the TV?  Where as a guy like Terry Dunfield (sp?) would attract a substantial fee?