Match Thread: Island Games - August 25, 2020 - Pacific v Valour

narduch

One has to think that if this match has a winner, that team has punched its ticket to the next round.

Edit: I thought Pacific was on 3 points, not 2. Still, if they win tomorrow I think they get through. Looking at the various scenarios at the link below, perhaps I'm wrong, but as close to a must-win as we've had so far for a team that a lot of people were penciling in for 3rd place.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/Canada/CanPL.html

Edited by jonovision

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

One has to think that if this match has a winner, that team has punched its ticket to the next round.

Edit: I thought Pacific was on 3 points, not 2. Still, if they win tomorrow I think they get through. Looking at the various scenarios at the link below, perhaps I'm wrong, but as close to a must-win as we've had so far for a team that a lot of people were penciling in for 3rd place.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/Canada/CanPL.html

At this point any match not involving Forge or Cavalry is a must win for those involved.

Even Atletico and Edmonton are still technically in it.

22 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

As an FYI, there has been a fair bit of lightning in the area today (I live a few KM’s from UPEI). I just cancelled my son’s U13 team practice for safety reasons.  Depending on whether or not it clears up, this evening, the game could be delayed or rescheduled.  

TBH, and this is completely selfish, I would be very happy if they rescheduled. I am painting my house tonite and was bummed I am missing it!

46 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I think having your third string left back playing in this match will be a problem.

Pena is not the third string left back. He is a right side winger who ended up playing right back last year when Garcia got injured.  Gale did not sign a natural left back this year to back up ABM  and that error is on him. 

2 minutes ago, Charlesmazzz said:

Pena is not the third string left back. He is a right side winger who ended up playing right back last year when Garcia got injured.  Gale did not sign a natural left back this year to back up ABM  and that error is on him. 

Levis was fine cover at left back. It was a bad stroke of luck for both ABM and Levis to both go down injured in the first 3 games.

16 minutes ago, Charlesmazzz said:

Is Garcia injured to?

the team drafted a left back last year in the usport draft but decided against using him and the other picks they’ve made in the past two seasons. Bad asset management.