1. 1. MVP of the week

• Kyle Bekker
    • Dominick Zator
    • Lowell Wright
    • Mohamed Farsi
    • Sergio Camargo
    • Francisco Javier Acuña Víctor
    • Zabal Almazan
    • Other... let me know and I will update.

I think it's safe to say I have an unhealthy obsession with the league. Think how much worse it would be if we had a team in SK. Or maybe the the threat is that I will get worse until we get a team!

Week 1 - August 13th-16th 2020

Tough choices. The York youngsters deserve mentions and lots of people missing. Bent, Blasco and Kourouma are maybe stranger choices but they both worked their socks off and were all over the pitch. 

Subs: Beaulieu, Neufville, Alemán, Telfer, Bustos, John, Di Chiara, (Awuah for the Goal of the short season!)

lineup (2).png

Edited by toontownman

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I think it's safe to say I have an unhealthy obsession with the league. Think how much worse it would be if we had a team in SK. Or maybe the the threat is that I will get worse until we get a team!

Week 1 - August 13th-16th 2020

Tough choices. The York youngsters deserve mentions and lots of people missing. Bent, Blasco and Kourouma are maybe stranger choices but they both worked their socks off and were all over the pitch. 

Subs: Beaulieu, Neufville, Alemán, Telfer, Bustos, John, Di Chiara, (Awuah for the Goal of the short season!)

lineup (2).png

I’d say that’s a pretty good list. I found Zabal to be especially impressive for Ottawa. He made a few key saves that were probably harder than they looked at times. Acuna also looked tricky. 

28 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I found David Edgar was really solid in the last two games. Keeps his game is very simple but without him I feel like the forge is a different team. Just my two cents . 

It was like that last year with Borges. While we are yet to see if Sabak is a like for like replacement Edgar is a big presence at the back and leader for the whole team though with Bekker. So many of these teams losing a couple of key players are a different proposition. I guess that is what adds a little spice into the the tournament. How teams are conditioned and their fitness is key. Felt bad for the Valour left back who would have been a key contributor in this tournament. Hope the news is better than it looked. 

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Really impressed by Farsi with Cavalry but Bekker/Zator remain consistently good.

I re-watched York's over the last few months and Farsi stood out in the Canadian Championship.  Wasn't surprised to see him picked up but someone this season, he impressed again this weekend.

Voted for Bekker, He was the best player on the pitch in a game they probably should've won on Thursday and was strong again in their second match.