Match Thread: Island Games - August 13, 2020 - Forge v Cavalry

narduch

It's nice that there appear to be some genuine commercial sponsors (I'm assuming Black Lives Matter is not such one) for the CGI promotion on the field. I've heard some reliable reports that viewership for many live games last year on One Soccer didn't even reach three figures, so having seemingly increased commercial support is a nice sign for sustainability of the league.

Ooh, and a PEI Tourism commercial just popped up!

Just now, Toronto Ruffrider said:

It's pretty lousy - super far from the field, the drone sound is annoying, and I swear the camera isn't even pointed in the right place half the time. Plus certain parts of the pitch are obstructed in that feed. lol

Thank God the main feed just ditched the BLM graphic. Much better. 

2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

It's nice that there appear to be some genuine commercial sponsors (I'm assuming Black Lives Matter is not such one) for the CGI promotion on the field. I've heard some reliable reports that viewership for many live games last year on One Soccer didn't even reach three figures, so having seemingly increased commercial support is a nice sign for sustainability of the league.

Ooh, and a PEI Tourism commercial just popped up!

Uh, yeah - there's gonna be a few of those...

Anyone else having technical difficulties? The stream cut out for me out of nowhere a little while ago. I restarted it (casting from my iPhone to chrome cast) and it seemed to be working, but the commentary was about 5 seconds ahead of the video. Tried to restart again to fix it and lost the feed for another minute or so. I seem to be back now, have to see if sound is synced. Looks like it is.

I should add though, when it has worked (aside from some advertising glitches) the quality of the feed has been better than it was for me last year. Not sure if that is because of my wifi setup though (watching it in a different room).

Good feed other than cutting out twice. Once before and once during the game. Quick refresh fixed it. Quality of the picture is really good. 

When not glitching and after they sorted the centre circle out, I actually dont mind the virtual stadium. The excessive blue is a bit meh but eddies will like it. 

Pretty disappointed they upped the price and had the best part of a year yet still have no ability to pause the stream or rewind, like every other streaming service available lol.

Agree wheeler is annoying. Puts everyone off I have shown clips to. Keeps calling Elijah, Sam as well!

Feisty game as expected and sloppy as expected. Still a great game so far!