2020 CPL Island Games

2 hours ago, narduch said:

But they do have 3 games at 9pm local time. So the lighting must work.

Looks like the tournament will feature an U21 component.

I was going to say this is low, but thats about 30% of the minutes for the initial round of 9(?) games.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I was going to say this is low, but thats about 30% of the minutes for the initial round of 9(?) games.

It’s not 30% of all minutes available though. Round 1 is 7 games, so 250/630 ~ just under 40% but that would be the % of time one U21 player would play to satisfy the team requirement.  Divide by 11 ~ about 3.5% of all Round 1 minutes per team’s total player minutes must go to U21 players. Or, put another way, if three U21s get one full game each, the requirement is met. 

4 hours ago, m-g-williams said:

8. Whichever team can sit through the most consecutive performances of "Anne: The Never-Ending Musical" at the Confederation Centre.

9. Team captains guess how many times certain words appear in Anne of Green Gables, like "violet", "wicked", "dear" or "prayers". Assistant coaches get them to study up before the tiebreaking session.

Edit for the dummies who'll check: 11, 22, 29, 9

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Unimaginative but I have Forge, Cavalry, Y9 and Pacific making it through the first round.

I could see FC Edmonton or HFX getting through ahead of Pacific but they both have Forge and Cavalry in their first 3 games so I think they will be working from behind in the last four matches.

The smaller squad I think will hurt Pacific in the second round.

Y9 v Forge in the final.

21 hours ago, red card said:

As per tweet above, Peter's first Sportsnet CPL article is up. He likes to use analytics, so first CPL article with lots of it. Highlights one player to watch per team.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/canadian-premier-leagues-island-games-everything-need-know/

His follow up tweet is important. We need to like and share all content as much as possible

14 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

9. Team captains guess how many times certain words appear in Anne of Green Gables, like "violet", "wicked", "dear" or "prayers". Assistant coaches get them to study up before the tiebreaking session.

Edit for the dummies who'll check: 11, 22, 29, 9

10. Guess how many potatoes are in the 50 lb. bag of potatoes 

Edited by fil

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

As mentioned in the other forum, the winner of the Island Games will advance to the Voyageurs Cup final against the best MLS team from their mini tournament 

I'm not sure.. I thought there was knockout tourney planned after for that