Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SpursFlu

2020 CPL Island Games

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just filled out my volunteer form.  I may be doing some running around for a team in isolation while here.  Figured I should probably contribute.  

I chuckled, but this is golden. Only a true Canadian football fan like yourself could commit to this task. 

Most people just wouldn’t simply understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just filled out my volunteer form.  I may be doing some running around for a team in isolation while here.  Figured I should probably contribute.  

If you could manage to "fix" Calgary boots when they are playing Valour there is a case of beer in it for you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

One piece of value this tournament could bring the league and players is a platform for selling on players. If a couple young players stand out and they can be moved on as a result. That would be huge for all involved and really justify the whole experience 

Edited by SpursFlu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect we will get a big announcement on Monday for schedule and broadcasting.

Do we even know If games will be on friday/sat/sun? Maybe there are two games on Saturdays that CBC have and sportsnet or tsn have picked up the other two every week. 

Even If it's two games a week on CBC that's 50% of the games. Hard decision to sign up for one soccer for 2 games a week at best. Not least when the highlights will likely be free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, toontownman said:

I expect we will get a big announcement on Monday for schedule and broadcasting.

Do we even know If games will be on friday/sat/sun? Maybe there are two games on Saturdays that CBC have and sportsnet or tsn have picked up the other two every week. 

Even If it's two games a week on CBC that's 50% of the games. Hard decision to sign up for one soccer for 2 games a week at best. Not least when the highlights will likely be free. 

I assume there will be mid week games too.

I dont think TSN or Sportsnet will be involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

was announced during the CEBL games this afternoon.  1 pm and 3 pm eastern on Saturday on CBC.

Yes but I meant besides those two games I couldn't find anything else but thanks anyways. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I wonder if there is any way I could put a banner up in a spot where it could be seen by the cameras...? 

@admin - do you know if it would be possible to get something promoting the V’s into the grounds?   It wouldn’t be for any profit, and would not be favouring any team so maybe they would allow it...? .   A banner hung in the playing area would be a cool addition.  I am reaching out to the PEI Soccer Association  (who are liaising with CPL) to see who I would ask if it is even possible.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

@admin - do you know if it would be possible to get something promoting the V’s into the grounds?   It wouldn’t be for any profit, and would not be favouring any team so maybe they would allow it...? .   A banner hung in the playing area would be a cool addition.  I am reaching out to the PEI Soccer Association  (who are liaising with CPL) to see who I would ask if it is even possible.  

Do you have any V t-shirts? It'd be great to get the players to pose for pics with you, as social media material.

PM Jamie he may have a banner. Last summer when we went to the Women's WC I think David Bailey was supposed to have a banner but did not show with it. But then someone did, I think we had one in Montpellier that then travelled to the other games (really fuzzy about that). Again, check with Jamie. I would do a separate thread @dyslexic nam to catch their attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Do you have any V t-shirts? It'd be great to get the players to pose for pics with you, as social media material.

PM Jamie he may have a banner. Last summer when we went to the Women's WC I think David Bailey was supposed to have a banner but did not show with it. But then someone did, I think we had one in Montpellier that then travelled to the other games (really fuzzy about that). Again, check with Jamie. I would do a separate thread @dyslexic nam to catch their attention.

PM sent.  The president of PEI Soccer is asking for a pic and dimensions so we will see if it materializes (better than a flat out “no”).  
 

As for the social media I am not sure how much I will see the players.  Right now I am interacting with Damian Rocke (Valour asst coach) and the bubble may prevent any sort of contact with the players.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

PM sent.  The president of PEI Soccer is asking for a pic and dimensions so we will see if it materializes (better than a flat out “no”).  

As for the social media I am not sure how much I will see the players.  Right now I am interacting with Damian Rocke (Valour asst coach) and the bubble may prevent any sort of contact with the players.  

Game day is likely all controlled contractually, as all space is paid for by sponsors. But maybe a club you are working with would allow a gesture on our behalf, like in a training session. Think Valour players who have National team call-ups, for example, as a link to our support.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Game day is likely all controlled contractually, as all space is paid for by sponsors. But maybe a club you are working with would allow a gesture on our behalf, like in a training session. Think Valour players who have National team call-ups, for example, as a link to our support.

That is why I would def point out the non-profit/supporters nature of our group.   May not work but worth a try.  Just have to get hold of Jamie.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopped by UPEI today to scout out a spot to try and watch some games live.  Not sure if it will be possible but I will give it a try.  
 

Valour was getting a bit of practice time in while I was there.  Work was also underway to get the broadcasting infrastructure set up.   

3A8CA4C7-502B-4128-A5A4-486A6FB18545.jpeg

515802DA-2831-40C4-8DE6-8ABFD44EE0D9.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shway said:

One guy still runs the entire show eh?

Not sure if it is still a one man operation, but I suspect he is still in possession of things like banners etc.  When I crashed at his place during a CMNT game in Toronto it was still very much V headquarters.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...