Thomas Hasal

nolando

8 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Tough year to be a fan of Canadian MLS teams. Sheeeeesh!

Last time I checked Quebec hadn't separated yet!  4th in the east brother!

TFC players seemed eager to deliver a message now that Armas is gone too, they seem like they're ready to get to work!

10 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Is Newton the only back up??  A 30+ year old career USL guy??   YEEKS!!

You shouldnt go from "he is competing for the #1 job", to "bench him" after one game.  

Hasal was never seriously competing for the #1 job. It was always Crepeau's. But I am suggesting that with a defense that bad, they might go with more of a veteran to try and steady it next game.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

I don’t think he was really at fault for any of the goals yesterday and made a few good saves and almost saved the penalty.  

This.

The bigger take from his performance yesterday is that despite not playing since September, he looks assured in net.  He's never looked out of place in any match he's played in, he's comfortable in his reactions and movements under pressure.  Good with his feet.  Doesn't shy from the aerial balls.  

Edited by Footyeh

4 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

I don’t think he was really at fault for any of the goals yesterday and made a few good saves and almost saved the penalty.  

He was literally at fault on the first goal that put them behind 45 seconds in.  Got caught in no mans land and got chipped.