Sign in to follow this  
nolando

Thomas Hasal

Hasal wasn't at his best last night and he is still the least of Vancouver's problems.

At least there is some consistency at the back with Rose and Cornelius establishing themselves as the first choice CB pairing. Baldisimo should be the 6 going forward if he stays healthy. Cavallini despite his struggles will continue to lead the line. The team has a capable spine, now they need to enhance the other parts of the team.

1 minute ago, PiedPilko said:

Should be more hype for Hasal imo. Small sample size, but statistically, he's been a league-average to good GK in the MLS at age 20-21, on the Vancovuer Whitecaps. Nothing I've seen of him suggests he doesn't belong.  

He's clearly an excellent shot stopper, but he can still work on better rebound control and distribution. His collection of high ball into the box has come on massively in just a few games. The kid's definitely a player, though.

2 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

He's clearly an excellent shot stopper, but he can still work on better rebound control and distribution. His collection of high ball into the box has come on massively in just a few games. The kid's definitely a player, though.

For sure. 

3 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

For sure. 

I'd like to see him pack on 10-15 lbs of muscle over the next year and work on sharpening his elbows and knees. Akinola and Deleon were taking cheap shots at him in the most-recent game against TFC. He has to make dickheads like that fear a broken head enough to cut that **** out.

53 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'd like to see him pack on 10-15 lbs of muscle over the next year and work on sharpening his elbows and knees. Akinola and Deleon were taking cheap shots at him in the most-recent game against TFC. He has to make dickheads like that fear a broken head enough to cut that **** out.

Old school...I remember reading (I think) Shep Messings book when I was a kid and it talked about putting an elbow in a strikers ear or a knee in the back to get some room in the box.  

5 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

The great thing is that the skills he needs to work on are probably the most coachable thing and the things he seems naturally good at are what you want as instinctual skills.  With good coaching and hard work, he could easily improve in his weaker areas.   

10 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Old school...I remember reading (I think) Shep Messings book when I was a kid and it talked about putting an elbow in a strikers ear or a knee in the back to get some room in the box.  

shep-messing-at-goal-800px.jpg