Canadians Abroad June 26th to July 2nd

jordan

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians for June 26th to July 2nd
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread 

Ricardo Ferreira appears to have recovered from his injury as he is on the Belenenses bench today in their match against Sporting. They are currently leading 1-0 in the 20th minute.

Update: Remains on the bench in a 3-1 loss for Belenenses. Nevertheless, good to see him back in the matchday squad. Hopefully he has a future with Canada.

Edited by Jith12
Update

3 hours ago, Ivan said:

Caniggia Elva starts and goes 80 minutes (with a yellow) in a big 0-2 win for Ingolstadt.  Ingolstadt now 1 point away from the promotion playoff position.

Im not sure how it works So I’m asking but I don’t think Bayern 2 can be promoted to bundesliga 2 ? Would that mean Ingolstadt are currently in a playoff place ?

20 minutes ago, Bikerack said:

Im not sure how it works So I’m asking but I don’t think Bayern 2 can be promoted to bundesliga 2 ? Would that mean Ingolstadt are currently in a playoff place ?

You are correct that's how it works. No second team like Bayern II can't be promoted passed the 3 Liga.

Edited by Nate3322

13 minutes ago, Weng said:

Is Vitoria injured?   He isn’t even on the bench for Moreirense FC today.

He doesn't seem to be injured, so the best reason I can think of is because he's could be considered the 4th choice CB behind Halliche, Rosic, and Iago Santos. So they didn't include him in squad cause he's not needed

37 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

I thought Vitoria was having a strong season but he seemed to lose his spot part way through?

I thought he was playing really well in the first half of the season too. Which is why I find weird that he just stopped being played.

• jordan unpinned this topic