Former 1812 Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my two pre-asked questions answered!  

1.  Looks like the order is L1O Men 2021 season, L1O Women 2022.  (I had asked L1O commissioner Dino Rossi a few years ago...the league wants to restrict new teams to enter the league one team at a time...financial strain, review of the organization etc.)  

2.  What day of the week and time will you want your games?  (thinking of traffic jams on Friday nights getting to the game from GTA on hwy 400 rush hour and battling traffic returning to GTA on Sunday evenings from cottage country vacationers returning).  Now that's if they are trying to attract GTA fans.   

Answer:  Too soon to tell.     (Of course the more established teams may get first choice) 

2 hours ago, Rocket Robin said:

Got my two pre-asked questions answered!  

1.  Looks like the order is L1O Men 2021 season, L1O Women 2022.  (I had asked L1O commissioner Dino Rossi a few years ago...the league wants to restrict new teams to enter the league one team at a time...financial strain, review of the organization etc.)  

2.  What day of the week and time will you want your games?  (thinking of traffic jams on Friday nights getting to the game from GTA on hwy 400 rush hour and battling traffic returning to GTA on Sunday evenings from cottage country vacationers returning).  Now that's if they are trying to attract GTA fans.   

Answer:  Too soon to tell.     (Of course the more established teams may get first choice) 

I can't see them attracting GTA fans. They already have a bunch of clubs they can support in L1O

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What would be the natural captation area for a Barrie football watershed?

In territory, and population?

Does them being there automatically push the York9 focus south into the city of Toronto?

I have never lived in Barrie but have played a bunch of soccer in the area. I'd imagine someone actually living there would give a better response but I would think they would be focusing on the Simcoe region more than anything.

The cut-off between Barrie and York would likely be around Newmarket, which I think is as far as York has really focused anyway as I know they have some sort of relationship with Aurora which is just south of Newmarket.

The main market for Barrie would be Barrie itself with some larger towns in the area that they could draw from such as Orillia, Innisfil, Bradford. Could probably draw some from towns just outside like Alliston, and people living in cottage country towns like Bracebridge could maybe be tempted down as well. All in all I'd say the population of their area is somewhere between 300,000-400,000

• hamiltonfan changed the title to Former 1812 Thread