Theo Corbeanu

jordan

I find it funny that we are watching  another promising young Canadian overseas whose professional fate seems to rely heavily on the success and failures of a young American player potentially standing in the way. Like, even thousands of km away, just as with our "domestic" MLS clubs, Canadians still have to shake the heavy weight of the Americans on our (or just over our) shoulders.

3 minutes ago, nolando said:

I find it funny that we are watching  another promising young Canadian overseas whose professional fate seems to rely heavily on the success and failures of a young American player potentially standing in the way. Like, even thousands of km away, just as with our "domestic" MLS clubs, Canadians still have to shake the heavy weight of the Americans on our (or just over our) shoulders.

So true, and it’s how the American soccer folks want it.

37 minutes ago, nolando said:

Otawowie looks to be a central midfielder, so he's not really standing in Corbeanu's way. 

16 minutes ago, Ansem said:

They aren't competing for the same spot unless I'm wrong

No I mean like they want us to stay behind them in terms of development etc.

tbh with how MLS headed I’m not sure the factory to Europe will continue, some teams/areas will churn kids out which will be enough but I won’t lie a lot of American teams don’t actually have great academies.

I tuned in to this game just to see how Wolves looked and I forgot how uninspiring teams like Burnley are when up a goal. A player like Traoré with his speed is almost useless with their bus parked in front of the 18. All that to say Concacaf is more entertaining 😆

41 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

I tuned in to this game just to see how Wolves looked and I forgot how uninspiring teams like Burnley are when up a goal. A player like Traoré with his speed is almost useless with their bus parked in front of the 18. All that to say Concacaf is more entertaining 😆

Odd autocorrect for “infuriating”. 

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

tbh with how MLS headed I’m not sure the factory to Europe will continue, some teams/areas will churn kids out which will be enough but I won’t lie a lot of American teams don’t actually have great academies.

Yes, US fans online are insufferable - really. Aways looking to bury the Canadians doing well, I'm like Wtf? You guys do realize that David made the plays leading to Weah getting started while Bamba and Ikone didn't care about him.

The more baffling the support to stay or increase our involvement in USSF structures.

As for MLS sending kids to Europe, as you pointed out - it's unbelievably uneven but hey, they can keep the mental gymnastics that MLS is awesome for development.

The US fans in question, immature as they may be and certainly the minority, are feeling the heat. They have been sold a dream since 94 that not are they going to be a soccer power but that they’re going to win a World Cup.

Well fast forward to 2020 and they’ve missed the 2018 World Cup. Haven’t been in a confederations cup since 2009. Were dummied away to Canada and are now watching as our golden boy has beat theirs to every accolade. 

It truly must drive them nuts. They’re producing outstanding talent but we are right there with them. They know that making World Cups is going to be a challenge every cycle save 2026. And their ultimate fear is that we’re going to outclass them during our co-hosted tournament.

8 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The US fans in question, immature as they may be and certainly the minority, are feeling the heat. They have been sold a dream since 94 that not are they going to be a soccer power but that they’re going to win a World Cup.

Well fast forward to 2020 and they’ve missed the 2018 World Cup. Haven’t been in a confederations cup since 2009. Were dummied away to Canada and are now watching as our golden boy has beat theirs to every accolade. 

It truly must drive them nuts. They’re producing outstanding talent but we are right there with them. They know that making World Cups is going to be a challenge every cycle save 2026. And their ultimate fear is that we’re going to outclass them during our co-hosted tournament.

I won’t lie here the 2018 campaign was a fail.

the reality is that they are on the cusp of being a contender...

I don’t know why Dest chose USA over Holland when he would have started for them for years and been a part of that country’s upcoming dynasty... oh wait DeBoer is gonna fuck it up. 

but....

west ? Sargent ?

Reyna-McKennie-Pulisic

Adams

Dest-Brooks-?-Cannon/Reynolds 

horvath/Steffens 

I have to be real here.../ dest is and Reynolds will likely be word class. 

that midfield is going to be world class if not already.  Their strike force isn’t great and the CB’s aren’t but they haven’t been pumping out the NYC, Miami and LA talent yet.

the reality is that they will be a top 10 team in this decade. 

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

This seems like a strange criticism.

"Fans prefer their team to be better than others in the region." No kidding.

31 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I won’t lie here the 2018 campaign was a fail.

the reality is that they are on the cusp of being a contender...

I don’t know why Dest chose USA over Holland when he would have started for them for years and been a part of that country’s upcoming dynasty... oh wait DeBoer is gonna fuck it up. 

but....

west ? Sargent ?

Reyna-McKennie-Pulisic

Adams

Dest-Brooks-?-Cannon/Reynolds 

horvath/Steffens 

I have to be real here.../ dest is and Reynolds will likely be word class. 

that midfield is going to be world class if not already.  Their strike force isn’t great and the CB’s aren’t but they haven’t been pumping out the NYC, Miami and LA talent yet.

the reality is that they will be a top 10 team in this decade. 

Dest is very promising, he's still learning. McKennie has surprised a few people, but that is just now, very recently. They have the pieces in the right places to develop, but as they sit I think they are far behind Mexico still. And ahead of us, but not by far. If we could get our CBs rolling, in a top flight somewhere better than MLS, we'd be very close.