Theo Corbeanu

jordan

On 5/3/2021 at 12:30 PM, toontownman said:

Can't go down, can't qualify for Europe. There must be an opportunity for Theo to get minutes at some point...

Ok, even if Chelsea fall out of the top 4 and yet win the Champions League, and an 8th place team gets a European spot (not sure of this is the case), Wolves would not be able to catch Everton, so they are truly 100% in the grey zone now.

If we don't see Theo in one of these last 3 games, I'm not sure when we ever will...

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Ok, even if Chelsea fall out of the top 4 and yet win the Champions League, and an 8th place team gets a European spot (not sure of this is the case), Wolves would not be able to catch Everton, so they are truly 100% in the grey zone now.

If we don't see Theo in one of these last 3 games, I'm not sure when we ever will...

"The maximum number of English teams in UEFA competitions is seven."

https://www.premierleague.com/european-qualification-explained

On the general point, he will be 19 this month, he has a few years left and on the other hand a lot to prove before any permanent decision will be made by an responsible football manager, I think. He may get some minutes, he may not depending on Nuno's priorities.  

8 minutes ago, Shway said:

In the squad....once again. With wolves having nothing to play for, let’s hope we see a little cameo appearance. 

I agree, but this has been the case for a few games now.  Crazy that they wouldn’t throw the kid one sub appearance.  

Maybe today I guess....

It's actually not that bad of a deal he is getting. The u23s, I have noticed generally play a day after the senior team. So he has been in the senior game day squad in a Premier League environment. Then if he doesn't play, he goes and gets 90 minutes with the u23s.

The u23s play again tomorrow against Chrystal Palace in the promotion playoffs So expect he will be with them again.

43 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

It's actually not that bad of a deal he is getting. The u23s, I have noticed generally play a day after the senior team. So he has been in the senior game day squad in a Premier League environment. Then if he doesn't play, he goes and gets 90 minutes with the u23s.

The u23s play again tomorrow against Chrystal Palace in the promotion playoffs So expect he will be with them again.

For sure.  And I also don’t want to belittle the accomplishment of just making the bench of a PL team at his age.  It is an amazing accomplishment.   I just wish they would give him some sub minutes as I am sure it would be a pretty big moment for him.  

I feel this is voyageur desperation hope. It does seem sad to put a kid on the bench like 10 times and not give him a run out, but it's the nature of the game and the prem is mad competitive(although at this point in the season what are they playing for).

I predict they bring on brazilian Willian Jose who has the wonderful strike rate of 1 goal in 14 appearances.... ya... call it Voyageur desperation but why not give the kid 10 minutes...

From a fellow Canadian-Romanian, very proud of Theo! Much more to come from him I think, he needs to grow physically and make better decisions under pressure but it’s normal for a debut at this level

He has the mentality to make it from what I’ve seen and read

Hope Jebbison also chooses Canada. Not to get my hopes up too early but it feels like floodgates could be opening soon..

Edited by Filip

22 minutes ago, jordan said:

He’s limped out of the game, hope it’s not serious

Yeah absolute gutter if it's not just a simple knock. Just made his debut then a performance like that for u23's. Surely would be getting more minutes for the first team in the next two games. 

Edited by toontownman