Theo Corbeanu

jordan

11 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Neto is out for the rest of the season with an injury, which could mean another shot for Theo to spend some time with the first team. Would be great if he could see a few minutes. 

Not going to cheer for an injury (and not implying you are) but this is the sort of chance you really hope he takes.  Sometimes a shot like this is all you need.  Get a couple of sub appearances and make an impact to start proving you have what it takes for first team footy.  Good luck to him.  

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not going to cheer for an injury (and not implying you are) but this is the sort of chance you really hope he takes.  Sometimes a shot like this is all you need.  Get a couple of sub appearances and make an impact to start proving you have what it takes for first team footy.  Good luck to him.  

Sad reality of sports, hoping Neto recovers long term and this should be Theo’s chance.

While it is sad to see a player get injured, it's also just part of the game, and creates opportunity for other players waiting in the wings. I would really love to see Corbeanu get a chance or two in this final stretch of the season and make it count. After watching him with Canada, I think he has what it takes to play in the EPL for a side like Wolves.

Ultimately, he needs to compete with the likes of Neto, so he needs to take his opportunity if and when it comes.

Wolves are currently 12th with 7 matches remaining. They're 12 points above the relegation zone and 11 points behind what could potentially be the last Europa League spot. Suffice it to say, they're not playing for anything more than prize money based on Premier League placings at this point. They'd be silly not to give some of their promising young players a look in the remaining games.

2 hours ago, Atlantic said:

Nuno also said if the opportunity for him to play arises they will because they trust him. 

EDIT: 

Some odd clips throughout of Theo, mainly wearing an orange top. Clip at 10:10 of him playing in a scrimmage with Raul.  

I think that statement is really important. I had the feeling that was the problem before... what with him using a CDM as a late game sub instead of his only attacking option off the bench. That trust is what probably gets him subbed on.

Edited by PiedPilko

6 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Anyone seen this athletic article? Corbeanu apparently attempted a rabona penalty in a youth cup game against Chelsea, and missed. Nuno calls him arrogant in the piece... he acknowledges his talent, but maintains that there is a lot about his game he has to improve. 

It was actually a Panenka, according to some comments under the article. Which makes a hell of a lot more sense.