Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Ref

New coach for Canada Women National Team

Recommended Posts

Now that HM will be gone at the end of August let us discuss the different prospect to take over the team to continue doing well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 4:36 PM, The Ref said:

I wonder if Karina LeBlanc would be interested in the job.

 

No. 99.9% she is not. She has always been more into broadcasting and public relations. She has a very good on-camera presence and has been great in her roles with FIFA/CONCACAF.

and now she has a newborn too.

My top pics for #CanWNT coach:

1. Norio Sasaki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norio_Sasaki

2. Silvia Neid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvia_Neid

3. Reynald Pedros
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynald_Pedros

4. Jill Ellis (we probably can't afford her though!)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jill_Ellis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2020 at 6:04 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

No. 99.9% she is not. She has always been more into broadcasting and public relations. She has a very good on-camera presence and has been great in her roles with FIFA/CONCACAF.

and now she has a newborn too.

My top pics for #CanWNT coach:

1. Norio Sasaki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norio_Sasaki

Norio? Based on what? His fluency in Japanese?

2. Silvia Neid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvia_Neid

Based on what? Her fluency in German?

At least CS speaks Canadian.

Edited by Peggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You still never answered any of the questions from the other thread.  WHy are you suggesting someone who doesnt have any coaching licenses, you made fun of Herdman for not having his.  And do you want Christine to stop playing and become the  coach, or forgo her personal training to do all the baloney that comes with running the program??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

You still never answered any of the questions from the other thread.  WHy are you suggesting someone who doesnt have any coaching licenses, you made fun of Herdman for not having his.  And do you want Christine to stop playing and become the  coach, or forgo her personal training to do all the baloney that comes with running the program??  

1) CS can play soccer. JH can't.

2) A player/coach doesn't have to stop playing. She can insert herself into the line-up when most needed. The same way Ellis employed Amy Wambach in 2015, using her as a late sub much throughout the tournament.

3) JH doesn't have the right stuff, and that will become blatantly obvious to everyone in the upcoming World Cup qualifying campaign when he will be forced to make a critical decision on the spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Licenses, licenses, focus carefully....you ridiculed other CDN coaches for not having the proper coaching licenses..but you think its ok for Sinclair to just take over.  And there is more to running the program than just sitting on the sidelines and subbing yourself in.  And whether you think herdman is any good doesnt have anything to do with whether Sinclair is ready to be a player coach etc.  

At least Marseille suggested some real coaches, even Wilkinson has been coaching the youth sides and would seem to be more prepared to take over.  She would also have the respect of the players and knows the system, maybe even more than Sinclair.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you know how to make money, you don't need to go to school to learn how to make money.

If you can play guitar well enough to fill up stadiums with paying customers, then you'd be wasting your time going to the royal conservatory of music.

A CSA A-coaching license means jack s-h-i-t! In all the years of its existence, this CSA program hasn't produced one single successful international coach! It's complete waste of time and money.

If you're smart, and you're fortunate enough to have a rare gem like CS, then you make an exception and fast-track the credentials she needs to do the job. Heck, if I was in charge of the CSA I would even ask her to coach the CWNT, I'd effing tell her she's doing it! And knowing CS, I know she'd accept it too!

Wilkinson! Ha! Give your head a shake man. The only reason she's in there is because she's willing to work for peanuts. Just like JH, she ain't got it either.

Now I know that I'm not as polite and sensitive as you Canadians are. Big effing deal. I'm not here to make friends and win little blue hearts. I'm here to talk soccer. So just save the BS cause I really don't give a s-h-i-t. I've come up against way better. You Canadians just aren't very good at being rude, so just focus on the message, and never mind his delivery.

You asked; I answered!

Edited by Peggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Peggy said:

If you know how to make money, you don't need to go to school to learn how to make money.

If you can play guitar well enough to fill up stadiums with paying customers, then you'd be wasting your time going to the royal conservatory of music.

A CSA A-coaching license means jack s-h-i-t! In all the years of its existence, this CSA program hasn't produced one single successful international coach! It's complete waste of time and money.

If you're smart, and you're fortunate enough to have a rare gem like CS, then you make an exception and fast-track the credentials she needs to do the job. Heck, if I was in charge of the CSA I would even ask her to coach the CWNT, I'd effing tell her she's doing it! And knowing CS, I know she'd accept it too!

Wilkinson! Ha! Give your head a shake man. The only reason she's in there is because she's willing to work for peanuts. Just like JH, she ain't got it either.

Now I know that I'm not as polite and sensitive as you Canadians are. Big effing deal. I'm not here to make friends and win little blue hearts. I'm here to talk soccer. So just save the BS cause I really don't give a s-h-i-t. I've come up against way better. You Canadians just aren't very good at being rude, so just focus on the message, and never mind his delivery.

You asked; I answered!

How old were you when you were dropped on your head?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are so full of ****.  You belittled herdman because he didnt have the correct license to coach, now you say they dont matter one bit.  And for what seems like the upteamth time, if you dont ID as canadian and you like to make fun of CDN, why dont u take your **** and go talk baloney with Dutch fans??  Why come here and troll us endlessly?  And why havnt the moderators banned your ass??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

You are so full of ****.  You belittled herdman because he didnt have the correct license to coach, now you say they dont matter one bit.  And for what seems like the upteamth time, if you dont ID as canadian and you like to make fun of CDN, why dont u take your **** and go talk baloney with Dutch fans??  Why come here and troll us endlessly?  And why havnt the moderators banned your ass??  

Take a chill pill, dude. You're the one who kept asking for my opinion. What did you expect? If you don't like my opinions, don't ask for them! Like go ahead, hire a Japanese-speaking coach for the women if you want. I just can't believe that's the right move, and that where you decided to enter the conversation. You haven't previously expressed an interest in this topic. The only reason you're here is because you're following me and want to pick a fight. Well, I'm not looking for a fight, but if that's what you want, no problem. I'll give it to you. Just, hop on a flight to Victoria and we can settle it once and for all. Now bugger off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tsk Tsk, such anger, good thing you are not here to make friends.  Maybe you should avoid us polite and sensitive canadians.  But you'll have to find someone else to partner up with for your next episode of bum fights, might i suggest you take your shopping cart downtown and find a homeless crack head??   Thats probably right up your alley.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Tsk Tsk, such anger, good thing you are not here to make friends.  Maybe you should avoid us polite and sensitive canadians.  But you'll have to find someone else to partner up with for your next episode of bum fights, might i suggest you take your shopping cart downtown and find a homeless crack head??   Thats probably right up your alley.  

 

Awww. Does this mean you're not coming?

Also, I just checked how our little blue hearts poll is coming along. You know what? After the initial spike, the curve appears to have flattened. 40 hearts out of 8,258 total members. Not bad. That works out to a whopping 0.4843787842% according to my calculations. Less than half a percent! Perhaps Kyle_The_Hill was overstating things a little when he chose to act as spokesman for the whole membership?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, after telling us how much you don't like me (again), would you care to share on the topic of this thread, and tell us who you would like to see as the next coach of the CWNT and why?

Edited by Peggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Peggy said:

Awww. Does this mean you're not coming?

Also, I just checked how our little blue hearts poll is coming along. You know what? After the initial spike, the curve appears to have flattened. 40 hearts out of 8,258 total members. Not bad. That works out to a whopping 0.4843787842% according to my calculations. Less than half a percent! Perhaps Kyle_The_Hill was overstating things a little when he chose to act as spokesman for the whole membership?

This is so sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The job posting on the CSA website is open until June 30, 2020. So, I don't think we are going to hear anything before then.

The requirements include an "A" licence and international coaching experience.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/job-opportunities-s16037

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jill Ellis?  No thanks.  I would prefer someone with just a bit more class on our sideline, not someone who condones the American attitude.  Also, she wasn't a genius with the US, sh simply had the best players in the world.  As for candidates?  I don't know who would be interested, but I suspect it won't be a long list.  We had a stroke of luck with Herdman but otherwise we haven't exactly been attracting great candidates.  We seem to retread lesser lights (maybe excepting Pellerud) more than bring in the rising star or the experienced old hand.  We gifted the team to Heiner-Moller, an assistant, rather than do a candidate search, so that should tell you something right there.  

So how about this name?  Nick Cushing.  He built a pretty good program for the women at Man City and recently moved on to assist with NYFC in the MLS.  He may not be willing to leave his new job so soon after taking it but maybe it's an opportunity he can't refuse?  Or maybe take a look at the list of candidates for the England job.  Their second best is still probably miles ahead of the best Canadian we can find.  Hell, pay Phil Neville to come here.  He's been crapped on in England but he'd done a pretty damned good job for an ungrateful mob.  Maybe getting a guaranteed spot in the Olympics and a chance to show up his detractors would motivate him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Patrick said:

Jill Ellis?  No thanks.  I would prefer someone with just a bit more class on our sideline, not someone who condones the American attitude.  Also, she wasn't a genius with the US, sh simply had the best players in the world.  As for candidates?  I don't know who would be interested, but I suspect it won't be a long list.  We had a stroke of luck with Herdman but otherwise we haven't exactly been attracting great candidates.  We seem to retread lesser lights (maybe excepting Pellerud) more than bring in the rising star or the experienced old hand.  We gifted the team to Heiner-Moller, an assistant, rather than do a candidate search, so that should tell you something right there.  

So how about this name?  Nick Cushing.  He built a pretty good program for the women at Man City and recently moved on to assist with NYFC in the MLS.  He may not be willing to leave his new job so soon after taking it but maybe it's an opportunity he can't refuse?  Or maybe take a look at the list of candidates for the England job.  Their second best is still probably miles ahead of the best Canadian we can find.  Hell, pay Phil Neville to come here.  He's been crapped on in England but he'd done a pretty damned good job for an ungrateful mob.  Maybe getting a guaranteed spot in the Olympics and a chance to show up his detractors would motivate him.

Pellerud, no thanks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CSA said manager should be announced in August.

One potential option is Bev Priestman coming back. There is now also a bunch of club football managers to look at. Maybe one of the Champions League managers - assuming CSA can and will pay more than women's club football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of note, the FA is also running a hiring process right now to replace Phil Neville. Applications for the job close in June. Although Neville's contract goes until the summer of 2021, his successor will likely take over before that. Ellis is named a favourite by the BBC. We will see what happens with Priestman.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53184924

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...