Best active uncapped CanMNT player

Blackdude

4 hours ago, Watchmen said:

And sometimes you're presented with an opportunity like an away game in Jamaica after you've already been eliminated from a World Cup, are losing 3-0, still fail to get your up and coming top young keeper into the game, then watch as he makes a switch to another nation. Honestly, Dale Mitchell was just an atrocious hire for the national team.

Yes. How dare he not be clairvoyant! 

16 minutes ago, Kent said:

I'm going with Abzi! That probably IS because I am a York 9 fan.

Only played for Canada at Futsal but as far as a Canada call up, wouldn't he have to get a nationality switch especially since he was born in Morocco and is still eligible to play for them

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Only played for Canada at Futsal but as far as a Canada call up, wouldn't he have to get a nationality switch especially since he was born in Morocco and is still eligible to play for them

You only need to apply for a switch if you have been capped at an official FIFA tournament for another nation at the youth level. I don't believe he has been capped by anyone, so he is eligible to play for any nation that he has citizenship for. I'm under the impression he has Canadian citizenship, but I could be wrong.

Its very blurry now, but didnt we get news of him ($$ovic) being sighted on the bench for the other squad, and it was "surprise" I guess there has been some sort of rule change.  

Edited by Bison44

28 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Its very blurry now, but didnt we get news of him ($$ovic) being sighted on the bench for the other squad, and it was "surprise" I guess there has been some sort of rule change.  

No. The rule change had happened a bit earlier than when the rumours started about him switching to Bosnia. He actually went on Vancouver radio to dismiss the rumours knowing full well that he'd already filed his papers for the one-time switch. If you were surprised when he actually turned up on the B&H bench, you probably hadn't been paying attention.

13 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

No. The rule change had happened a bit earlier than when the rumours started about him switching to Bosnia. He actually went on Vancouver radio to dismiss the rumours knowing full well that he'd already filed his papers for the one-time switch. If you were surprised when he actually turned up on the B&H bench, you probably hadn't been paying attention.

Thats exactly right, I thought he was ours...grrrr.   I seem to remember the color man on the game I was watching commenting on it and being floored. I thought we were going to have another Forrest, a keeper in the English top flight again.  So happy its somebody else's fans moaning over duals choosing canada now.  

16 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Yes. How dare he not be clairvoyant! 

Oh, I'm well aware that under the old rules he was cap-tied.  But it was the perfect game to have blooded new players, including him, which Mitchell didn't do.  I remember thinking there's no way Begovic doesn't play at least a half.

Reading this thread I realise it means something that is not very flattering: we've capped everything. And that is a bad sign, not a good one. If you are a really competitive nation, you would have tens, dozens, scores of quality footballers who never get a whiff at the national team.

One of the most glaring I feel for Spain was Arteta, imagine that, not a single senior cap. What I am saying is just that: I'd love to have a dozen solid top flight pros who had never been capped.

4 hours ago, prairiecanuck said:

With an eye on 2026 how good is Antoine Coupland?   Any Ottawa people have any thoughts?

He is only 16 playing in the CPL right now playing for Atletico Ottawa. I mean personally I've never heard of him but if he is any good, then who knows what could happen in 6 years. 

4 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

He is only 16 playing in the CPL right now playing for Atletico Ottawa. I mean personally I've never heard of him but if he is any good, then who knows what could happen in 6 years. 

And in 6 years it will be 2026 and the World Cup is in 2026 and in our backyard.  We might qualify for 2022.  But we might not.  Who knows? But I am confident that Antoine Coupland will be 6 years older when the World Cup is on in 2026 in our backyard.

5 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

You've never heard of him and yet you pipe up with an opinion. Sit yourself down fool.

9 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

You've never heard of him and yet you pipe up with an opinion. Sit yourself down fool.

Why shouldn't I have an opinion? Aren't we all entitled to one? Better yet I dont even know why I bother with any of you...BigSoccer is a much better forum than here anyway...because at this rate this forum may as well be dead

7 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Why shouldn't I have an opinion? Aren't we all entitled to one? Better yet I dont even know why I bother with any of you...BigSoccer is a much better forum than here anyway...because at this rate this forum may as well be dead

It's just kinda pointless to write out that he exists and you know nothing about him and he might be good in 6 years. It adds nothing to the discussion and is just a waste of time. If you don't like the dynamics here feel free to leave for BigSoccer where maybe they'll appreciate you spamming threads with nothing of value to add.

17 hours ago, prairiecanuck said:

With an eye on 2026 how good is Antoine Coupland?   Any Ottawa people have any thoughts?

Seen him play once last season as a sub cause I think that’s all he’s played in a match for the Fury.  Lots of attention cause he’s local and very young.  But couldn’t tell you if he will be any good or even make the professional ranks in 20 mins or so of play.

Edited by JamboAl

5 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

It's just kinda pointless to write out that he exists and you know nothing about him and he might be good in 6 years. It adds nothing to the discussion and is just a waste of time. If you don't like the dynamics here feel free to leave for BigSoccer where maybe they'll appreciate you spamming threads with nothing of value to add.

👋🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

On 5/28/2020 at 11:27 PM, lazlo_80 said:

johnathan deguzman

Honestly when I saw this thread, this was the first name that came to mind.  I didn't post it because I thought it would just piss people off..lol.  It's nice be entering an era where actual Canadians won't run kicking and screaming away from the national team.