Best active uncapped CanMNT player

Blackdude

Let's have fun.

With the latest camp poutine, it's a question that I was wondering myself what the answer to the question was. 

Who is the best Canadian player still active that doesn't have a cap in their name? He has to be eligible for us and hasn't played for another national team before or at the youth level. (I think the reason behind this is I don't want to have a player that needs to file a one-time switch for reasons) The player may have participated in a senior team camp, so Marco Carducci or Dominic Zator would be valid answers

My pick is Ryan Raposo. The one thing about this is that there are so many answers and I don't think that there would be a  consensus here.

12 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I would say Shome  I believe he has only played friendlies. Bair, Waterman, Christian Guiterrez and Elva would all be up there as well.

Only Waterman and Elva would be eligible. Since Shome and Bair have played in friendlies. And Cristian would need to file a one-time switch.l

Edited by Blackdude
meant Elva, not Bair

I’m curious to see how good Aviv Solomon is, not sure if he’ll ever play but he’s a mystery at this point.

The best long term uncapped player right now might be Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty, I recently heard from a reliable source that a prominent European side is very interested in him.

In terms of likely to make an impact soon, I’ll go with Raposo as well.

Right now, I would say Sergio Camargo.

However, there are a lot of youth coming through that should be capped based on potential:

Jordan Perruzza (2001)
Simon Colyn (2002) - Would really like to know where he's at these days.
Kam Habibullah (2003)
Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty (2004)

Those are the ones, outside of any changes from other nationalities (Yankov, Kadioglu etc.), that I'd like to see get their first cap next.

1 hour ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Best uncapped players not needing one time switch:

1. Habibullah

2. Rutty

3. Raposo

4. Waterman

Best dual nationals:

1. Kadioglu

2.  Ferreira

3. Gutierrez

4. Solomon

Rutty, Waterman, Kadioglu and Gutierrez...the rest I don't really rate

7 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Let's have fun.

With the latest camp poutine, it's a question that I was wondering myself what the answer to the question was. 

Who is the best Canadian player still active that doesn't have a cap in their name? He has to be eligible for us and hasn't played for another national team before or at the youth level. (I think the reason behind this is I don't want to have a player that needs to file a one-time switch for reasons) The player may have participated in a senior team camp, so Marco Carducci or Dominic Zator would be valid answers

My pick is Ryan Raposo. The one thing about this is that there are so many answers and I don't think that there would be a  consensus here.

Good thread, @Blackdude I am learning a bit, really had no idea who to say

Raposo. I liked what I saw of him with the Whitecaps so far.  I think he has alot of potential.  I wish I could say Waterman as we need more centerbacks.  

I think these guys will be good as well as said by El Hombre but too young at this stage

Simon Colyn (2002)
Kam Habibullah (2003)
Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty (2004)

8 hours ago, Bison44 said:

TMG, Rapaso, Carducci, Irving, St CLair (dont want to lose another to T+T).  So hard to get caps for keepers.  

And sometimes you're presented with an opportunity like an away game in Jamaica after you've already been eliminated from a World Cup, are losing 3-0, still fail to get your up and coming top young keeper into the game, then watch as he makes a switch to another nation. Honestly, Dale Mitchell was just an atrocious hire for the national team.

2 hours ago, Watchmen said:

And sometimes you're presented with an opportunity like an away game in Jamaica after you've already been eliminated from a World Cup, are losing 3-0, still fail to get your up and coming top young keeper into the game, then watch as he makes a switch to another nation. Honestly, Dale Mitchell was just an atrocious hire for the national team.

At the time, he couldn't switch sides under the current rules then.  They changed them subsequently which then allowed him to switch.  That being said, I remember thinking at the time why didn't he get the start as we were eliminated and he should have been looking to get young players experience for the future.