Valour FC Season Thread 2020 2.0

12 hours ago, toontownman said:

Yep. That is a total win for Canada and Dunne.

I had a feeling that once Soto arrived he wasn’t going to be the same player they thought they were getting in the videos lol. See it a lot in the university recruiting process. 

From all intensive purposes Dunn looks like the real deal. I think this is what the league stands for right now getting cynt players a bridge to pro. So would be great to see him play regularly with ajb 

Garcia.  Do they have a choice?  It ain't going to be Le Bourhis.  

Man, anyone who's played felt everything Bouka Moutuo felt when he pulled out of that gallop.  Groaaaan.  Poor bugger but funny things hamstrings, he may be good to go before you know it.  At his age I seriously doubt it, but you never know.  Which is too bad because he was doing good work there on Sunday.

At least as concerned about creating a better dynamic in the middle for the Ottawa match.  Not enough there against Cavalry, even after Rafi came in, better though it was.

Open to giving Dyer a chance to show as well.  Pretty thin pickings the other night but Hundal certainly hasn't played his way into my heart yet. 

29 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Hundal certainly hasn't played his way into my heart yet. 

15 touches in that game :o

That's not all on him but not a confidence builder!

Have there been any updates on Bouka Moutou? Normally young see twinges, mild strains and pulls that players come back quicker from. The pain and way he pulled up seemed like a real tear. Hope its much better than it looked.

4 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Hundal certainly hasn't played his way into my heart yet. 

That's how Hundal kinda was with TFC. He really isn't the most active striker, often very quiet for large chunks of the game imo. It's a problem he's really going to need to fix.

Thought Dunn played really well. Happy to see that kind of performance.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

100%.  

Looks like Galan is growing roots in Winnipeg, those men becoming active parts of the local football community are the two best takeaways from the 2019 season.

Excellent news.

Definitely - lots of experience at a high level can only benefit the province's soccer scene. I wouldn't be at all surprised if FCMB is going to start prepping for League 1 Prairies in 2022 or 2023.

4 hours ago, top cheese said:

A 36 year old “signing” in a development League for basically u23 players is comical. 

I do agree that the player side of his role seems a bit incongruous with the aims of FCMB and other teams in that league, but getting involved in management is the bigger story. He could be an important contributor to the sport in Manitoba if he sticks around.

12 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I do agree that the player side of his role seems a bit incongruous with the aims of FCMB and other teams in that league, but getting involved in management is the bigger story. He could be an important contributor to the sport in Manitoba if he sticks around.

if FC Manitoba is then direct "middle man" between Valour and Manitoba soccer, Paolucci can install that professional, winning culture on and off the pitch.

Thinking that Manitoba best talents will be funneled to FC Manitoba before going Valour, what better way to prepare them for CPL than a guy like him who played at the highest level and can pass down that culture?

At the same time it help brings attention to that club who could position itself for a Prairies D3 whenever that happens building towards D2 wherever there's Pro/rel

It's great for Paolucci to who can learn the coaching/executive job (great gig at 36) leading potentially to coaching/executive positions at higher levels down the road. 36 to 65, that's like 2 more decades of dping what you love in a different way

Great vision from FC Manitoba has this is a good deal for both parties.

That's the bigger picture - I'm happy for Manitoba Soccer as a whole!

5 hours ago, top cheese said:

A 36 year old “signing” in a development League for basically u23 players is comical. 

It takes a very simplistic view of things to dismiss the presence of experienced pros at training, before and after games, and even during games on the development of young players. If I was operating a development team of mostly U23 players, I'd absolutely want a couple of old heads around the place to serve as a role model and adviser. There are things that the kids will learn from training and playing with an old pro that they won't get merely through coaches and playing age-group football.

• 2 weeks later...

Galán just had a kid, his wife is a high profile executive type who probably makes much more than he does, but could be on maternity leave regardless. Makes sense to go home closer to family and then return. As he's near retirement it did seem that there were work perspectives for his wife and he in Canada.

I am not sure if the 2B clubs in Spain are still obliged by the minimum wage requirements with Covid, which applies only to a core part of the roster, not all (not youth for example), if so that would be at minimum just over 4000 CDN a month.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist