55 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

lol.. Yes Baldisimo.. who barely starts for Vancouver would totally start in Europa League..

I mean, a team from Luxembourg played in Europa League last year... this is why we look at player performance combined with their league level. But it's not like Europe League is exclusive to the very best teams in the world anyway. 

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mark-Anthony Kaye was playing USL at 23 years old. Richie Laryea didn't play a professional match until he was 21. Derek Cornelius was playing in Serbia at 20 years old. Samuel Piette was playin

If the original link doesn't work use this. Insane goal!  

@Free kick, Ludogorets is not your average Bulgarian team. They are miles ahead of everyone else in their league. Yes the league is terrible, and if he was on any other team in Bulgaria I would agree

Posted Images

5 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Yes most of you hate me or think I’m stupid but I swear some of you are just Plain dense in the head,  Baldisimo a better player? No disrespect to Baldisimo, he’s young player with good potential. But he plays on a horrible team with no midfielders. Also Yankov is a different kind of player he’s a attacking midfielder not a box to box or DM. Yankov Plays and starts on the best team in Bulgaria and plays against Champion and Europa league level teams. I love how you idiots downgraded him because he doesn’t play in North America or a known team. Borjan played for the same team as Yankov oh wait he must be **** and max is better because he plays in MLS. Yankov would have made our senior team before 2022 and made a huge impact off the bench or starting. He’s young and super talented and will be with a even more establish club soon. For God sakes people watch the games. Most games you can stream. Educate yourselves! It’s Embarrassing! 

You're hilarious SpecialK.  Why on Earth why I hate you or think you are stupid (even though you called me dense : )).

Look, you have your opinion, I have mine.  I mean no disrespect to Yankov who looks to be a good player.  I am sad to see him go.  But do you honestly think he will replace Osorio, David or Arfield?  And I did say Baldisimo plays further back and they're not the same player.  And yes, even though Yankov plays for the best team in Bulgaria and Baldisimo for (arguably) the worst in MLS, in my opinion, MLS is a higher level than the Bulgarian League.

2 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

lol.. Yes Baldisimo.. who barely starts for Vancouver would totally start in Europa League..

To be fair, I’m sure a Europa level team in Europe would have recognized Baldis skill set long before the Whitecaps have. Who knows where he would be if he came up through a European team

1 hour ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

To be fair, I’m sure a Europa level team in Europe would have recognized Baldis skill set long before the Whitecaps have. Who knows where he would be if he came up through a European team

I could say the same about a handful of North American youth players.

3 hours ago, jordan said:

Low level teams aren’t in pot 2 

A big factor in being in Pot 2 is consistent participation in European competition. Winning a dead Bulgarian league year after year will do that for you. Most teams from Pot 3, and at least a couple from Pot 4, are better than Ludogorets. This isn't meant as a dig against Ludogorets or Yankov, but a simple statement of fact. They have a favourable draw and should be aiming for a 2nd-place finish in that group. That's not guaranteed, though.

16 hours ago, Ivan said:

For a low level European team like Ludogorets, maybe.

16 hours ago, Ivan said:

You're hilarious SpecialK.  Why on Earth why I hate you or think you are stupid (even though you called me dense : )).

Look, you have your opinion, I have mine.  I mean no disrespect to Yankov who looks to be a good player.  I am sad to see him go.  But do you honestly think he will replace Osorio, David or Arfield?  And I did say Baldisimo plays further back and they're not the same player.  And yes, even though Yankov plays for the best team in Bulgaria and Baldisimo for (arguably) the worst in MLS, in my opinion, MLS is a higher level than the Bulgarian League.

I dont understand this.  Only because i have been saying exactly the same thing 6-8 pages back.  But i just gave up.  

in fact i had suggested (in several roundabout ways) that the kid and his enourage was leveraging his parental lineage to force a callup from bulgaria so as to buildup his professional profile.  And good for him. But we dont all need to bite on the hook.

One final thing that i didnt mention.   When the CSA anounced the preliminary list in february for the olympic qualifying tournament, they included just about everybody under the sun.   Fifty players!  Was his name on the list?  That too should tell you everything. 

https://www.canadasoccer.com/news/canada-soccer-announces-provisional-list-for-concacaf-mens-olympic-qualifying/

Edited by Free kick
13 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

A big factor in being in Pot 2 is consistent participation in European competition. Winning a dead Bulgarian league year after year will do that for you. Most teams from Pot 3, and at least a couple from Pot 4, are better than Ludogorets. This isn't meant as a dig against Ludogorets or Yankov, but a simple statement of fact. They have a favourable draw and should be aiming for a 2nd-place finish in that group. That's not guaranteed, though.

The way this whole thread has turned is baffling to me.   About two weeks back,  i was looking at this thread and was totally baffled as to what the big deal was.  After sharing some thoughts on the subject and being still baffled by the contrarian response,   Now i see about two weeks later.  Everybody saying the same thing i was saying.

Edited by Free kick
56 minutes ago, Free kick said:

The way this whole thread has turned is baffling to me.   About two weeks back,  i was looking at this thread and was totally baffled as to what the big deal was.  After sharing some thoughts on the subject and being still baffled by the contrarian response,   Now i see about two weeks later.  Everybody saying the same thing i was saying.

El Hombre said it could be just a ploy in the 4th response to this thread so that was always out there.  But between the  interview and article, him playing well this fall and Wheeler talking about one time switches etc etc it seemed pretty plausible that he was serious.  The 50 player list probably wouldnt have him on there if he was still filing paperwork to become eligible eh??  And as much as MrK shits on us for loving MLS/CPL prospects, there are plenty who still automatically think anyone from europe must be better than kids still in NA. And we are all excited about broadening the pool and getting more promising kids in the program.  Maybe just not as much as MrK.   

3 hours ago, Free kick said:

Doesn't mean its true? Just the typical expected reactionary response to downplay a player's quality after he has chosen a different path (context my friend).

7 hours ago, Free kick said:

At this point in time, Dominik Yankov is neither JDG2, nor is he Ryan Telfer. We won't know how big a loss he is to the program for at least a couple more years. He is exactly what he is...a 20-year old getting good minutes in a top club in a poor league. He might turn out to be excellent, but he might also turn out to be not that great. Time will tell. It would've been nice to watch and cheer for another young Canuck in the upcoming Europa League, though.

Yankov starts for the U21 

edit : my bad guys I actually somehow didn't know they brought him on vs Hungary since I turned it off at 2-0....Well on the bright side he is probably regretting his decision as Bulgaria is almost guaranteed to be falling to group D. Enjoy Faroe Islands away.

Edited by scullion44
  • 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Corazon said:

I know nobody probably wants to hear this and its now irrelevant for Canada soccer but Dominic Yankov is starting for Bulgaria in todays friendly vs Gibraltar.

You are correct! Until and unless Yankov changes his mind about playing for Bulgaria, this thread should be closed. Admin??

Just now, Free kick said:

This thread should never have been created <period>.    At the risk of repeating myself a million times.  

Continuing.   It one thing to follow and be informed of talents playing abroad who could be eligible for Canada.    However,  its one thing when we are talking about someone of the profile of Bryan Cristante (that stuff i am interested in and we shoukd all be) but ts something totally different when we talking about someone of this kind of profile.

1 hour ago, Free kick said:

Continuing.   It one thing to follow and be informed of talents playing abroad who could be eligible for Canada.    However,  its one thing when we are talking about someone of the profile of Bryan Cristante (that stuff i am interested in and we shoukd all be) but ts something totally different when we talking about someone of this kind of profile.

I’ll probably make a thread every time😉. (Photo of one of the players you mentioned in red and white)A3E7ED7A-B871-48B4-A7C3-78A43DBA35F7.png