Dominik Yankov

jordan

5 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

Too much blame is being put on CSA on this one... he was playing second division Bulgaria last season and has had a meteoric rise at the worst possible time (when we haven’t been able to play a game that would cap-tie him).

Botev Vratsa played in the 1st tier last season.

Situations like this are a fact of life in a globalized world. Heck, look at Tyler Boyd - he played full friendlies for New Zealand before decamping for the US team.

I get we're all emotional but some of the criticism here doesn't make a lot of sense.

We should have called Yankov to play in 2019 or 2020? He wasn't eligible.

We should have had a mini camp this summer? Camp COVID?  Quarantine carnival?  If you're an actual pro, would you show up to a voluntary a Nats training camp and risk disrupting your actual paid career by getting this virus or having to quarantine? For no real reason? Nope.

We're blaming Herdman for not instituting more consequences for not committing? Do ultimatums sound like a very good strategy for dealing with players that have more than one option? And if he declines, are we really going to blacklist him? We don't have the depth or the negotiating power with players. Let alone someone that is actively playing in another country's youth team.

Bulgaria wouldn't be wasting a call-up on a kid that was definitely going to play for another country.

He was still playing for Bulgaria under-whatevers as late as last week!

It's pretty obvious that Yankov was using Canada and his one-time switch either as leverage into the Bulgarian program, or as a happy and willing second-choice.

Edited by The Real Marc

I agree with everything, except the camp COVID, quarantine carnival stuff.....

Plainly put we should’ve had some kinda of camp, him being involved is another story. 

The reality is Bulgaria is playing games, Canada isn’t - COVID can’t be blame. 

13 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

He's not even on the bench today against Finland lol

He has returned to the Bulgarian U21 team because they are playing a crucial qualifier away to Poland on October 13.  Two matches left to go and Bulgaria needs a result in Poland to keep their chances alive. 

Edited by Buchta

5 minutes ago, Buchta said:

He has returned to the Bulgarian U21 team because they are playing a crucial qualifier away to Poland on October 13.  Two matches left to go and Bulgaria needs a result in Poland to keep their chances alive. 

Ah right that makes a lot of sense.

57 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

Ah right that makes a lot of sense.

It does make a lot of sense.  It also makes a lot of sense that Bulgaria threw him on for the last 15 minutes of a game they were losing badly in, just to cap tie him.

Anyway, best of luck to him.  IMHO, he wasn't going to see the field for Canada until after 2022 at the earliest.  Who will he take off - David, Osorio, Arfield?  Estaquio, Kaye or Baldisimo (yes, Baldisimo, same age, higher playing level, quality player) a little further behind?  After 2022, does he beat out Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty?

12 minutes ago, Ivan said:

It does make a lot of sense.  It also makes a lot of sense that Bulgaria threw him on for the last 15 minutes of a game they were losing badly in, just to cap tie him.

Anyway, best of luck to him.  IMHO, he wasn't going to see the field for Canada until after 2022 at the earliest.  Who will he take off - David, Osorio, Arfield?  Estaquio, Kaye or Baldisimo (yes, Baldisimo, same age, higher playing level, quality player) a little further behind?  After 2022, does he beat out Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty?

Yes most of you hate me or think I’m stupid but I swear some of you are just Plain dense in the head,  Baldisimo a better player? No disrespect to Baldisimo, he’s young player with good potential. But he plays on a horrible team with no midfielders. Also Yankov is a different kind of player he’s a attacking midfielder not a box to box or DM. Yankov Plays and starts on the best team in Bulgaria and plays against Champion and Europa league level teams. I love how you idiots downgraded him because he doesn’t play in North America or a known team. Borjan played for the same team as Yankov oh wait he must be shit and max is better because he plays in MLS. Yankov would have made our senior team before 2022 and made a huge impact off the bench or starting. He’s young and super talented and will be with a even more establish club soon. For God sakes people watch the games. Most games you can stream. Educate yourselves! It’s Embarrassing! 

9 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Yes most of you hate me or think I’m stupid but I swear some of you are just Plain dense in the head,  Baldisimo a better player? No disrespect to Baldisimo, he’s young player with good potential. But he plays on a horrible team with no midfielders. Also Yankov is a different kind of player he’s a attacking midfielder not a box to box or DM. Yankov Plays and starts on the best team in Bulgaria and plays against Champion and Europa league level teams. I love how you idiots downgraded him because he doesn’t play in North America or a known team. Borjan played for the same team as Yankov oh wait he must be **** and max is better because he plays in MLS. Yankov would have made our senior team before 2022 and made a huge impact off the bench or starting. He’s young and super talented and will be with a even more establish club soon. For God sakes people watch the games. Most games you can stream. Educate yourselves! It’s Embarrassing! 

I don't know if it's possible to "educate"  "idiots".😎  ...or "just Plain dense in the head".

Edited by MtlMario

48 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Yes most of you hate me or think I’m stupid but I swear some of you are just Plain dense in the head,  Baldisimo a better player? No disrespect to Baldisimo, he’s young player with good potential. But he plays on a horrible team with no midfielders. Also Yankov is a different kind of player he’s a attacking midfielder not a box to box or DM. Yankov Plays and starts on the best team in Bulgaria and plays against Champion and Europa league level teams. I love how you idiots downgraded him because he doesn’t play in North America or a known team. Borjan played for the same team as Yankov oh wait he must be **** and max is better because he plays in MLS. Yankov would have made our senior team before 2022 and made a huge impact off the bench or starting. He’s young and super talented and will be with a even more establish club soon. For God sakes people watch the games. Most games you can stream. Educate yourselves! It’s Embarrassing! 

Oh the irony.

50 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Yes most of you hate me or think I’m stupid but I swear some of you are just Plain dense in the head

51 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I love how you idiots downgraded him because he doesn’t play in North America or a known team.

51 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Educate yourselves! It’s Embarrassing!

It's a real mystery why some people may have a problem with you.

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

I think this is an equally as stupid way to gauge a players skill level. Do we hold this same energy with Eustaquio, playing on Pacos which is generally a bottom feeding Portugal team? A team where he is by far the best midfielder ? While I’m not disagreeing with what you’re saying, regardless of how shitty the Caps are doing this year, the fact he’s “playing good on a horrible team with no midfielders” makes no difference at all to the way he’s playing, at the level he’s at. 

Edit: Trust me, I’m sad about losing Yankov too. He’s an attacking midfielder playing at a good level, something we don’t really have in our set up. I just think the bolded is an asinine comparison

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

56 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I don’t care if people like or hate me, that’s their choice. I love Canadian soccer that’s all that matters

Sure. We all do.  But how you engage with your fellow Canadian soccer supporters really limits everyone’s interest in engaging with you.  If you are fine with that, I guess that is your call.  But the whole point of this forum is to facilitate participation in a community - not just shouting your opinion while most people dismiss you. 

31 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Eustaquio

Oh please, people are here were saying he was crap and not worthy of call when he was playing for Leixões S.C. and Chaves. Go back and look, I was saying call him up fast because Portugal might call him, he was playing for Portugal youth national team at that time. 
I was one the first on here to show highlights of him when he was playing for Leixoes. I was so happy he chose us. Then most on here was saying oh he’s not as good Piette and shouldn’t start. 
There is a huge bias on North America based players. Why because supporters don’t watch, it’s sad. We have a lot of good talented playing in Europe and they get ignored by fans and by the CSA

Edited by SpecialK

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Sure. We all do.  But how you engage with your fellow Canadian soccer supporters really limits everyone’s interest in engaging with you.  If you are fine with that, I guess that is your call.  But the whole point of this forum is to facilitate participation in a community - not just shouting your opinion while most people dismiss you. 

Nobody is shouting. What’s wrong with a good debate or difference of opinion. 

16 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Oh please, people are here were saying he was crap and not worthy of call when he was playing for Leixões S.C. and Chaves. Go back and look, I was saying call him up fast because Portugal might call him, he was playing for Portugal youth national team at that time. 
I was one the first on here to show highlights of him when he was playing for Leixoes. I was so happy he chose us. Then most on here was saying oh he’s not as good Piette and shouldn’t start. 
There is a huge bias on North America based players. Why because supporters don’t watch, it’s sad. We have a lot of good talented playing in Europe and they get ignored by fans and by the CSA

Please go find all these negative posts you’re referring to and post them here.

39 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

you completely skipped the entire point of my response and focused on the example.

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

Ummm and most of them arent OURS they are duals...and they end up staying with their european option.  Can you see why many take these flavor of the week rants about some guy with dubious ties to canada with a grain of salt.  How many pages was there about the dutch/turkish kid and it comes out finally that there was no interest, no incling of a CDN connection.  On the first page of the thread El Hombre speculated that this was just spin to get a Bulgarian call, and it looks more and more to be the case.  

5 hours ago, Ivan said:

lol.. Yes Baldisimo.. who barely starts for Vancouver would totally start in Europa League..