Dominik Yankov

jordan

2 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Christante literally just played yesterday for Italy in a friendly and came on as a sub in their last game against the Netherlands. Not the greatest example.

Cristante not only played but scored the opener/winning goal in a 6-0 thrashing of Moldova (not sure why Italy is choosing to play Moldova in a friendly, but that's another issue for another thread). So yeah, bad example.

4 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Christante literally just played yesterday for Italy in a friendly and came on as a sub in their last game against the Netherlands. Not the greatest example.

I'm processing my disappointment until this thread gets closed. Give me a chance to go through all 5 stages of griefs - Not at acceptance yet

He said it for a while now and true to his word, who ever calls me up first I’ll play. He should be called up sooner, Like Iceland friendly or during qualifying versus the minnows. They picked CPL players over him before, now no disrespect to the CPL but he’s a young elite talent. Just bad scouting and planning on herdman and CSA

Edited by SpecialK

Getting subbed while losing 3-0 its clear Bulgaria called him into the camp for one reason only, to cap him. Again.. maybe next time wait until a player actually formally commits (i.e. officially transfers federation) before spewing off about it. This was arguably a reactionary move by Bulgaria's football association (or perhaps Yankov used Canada as leverage to get called), either way, it looks bad on us. Unless the FIFA rules does change, then he's a goner, and this thread should probably be locked for now.

Edited by LeoH037

2 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Getting subbed while losing 3-0 its clear Bulgaria called him into the camp for one reason only, to cap him. Again.. maybe next time wait until a player actually formally commits (i.e. officially transfers federation) before spewing off about it. This was arguably a reactionary move by Bulgaria's football association (or perhaps Yankov used Canada as leverage to get called), either way, it looks bad on us. Unless the FIFA rules does change, then he's a goner, and this threat should probably be locked for now.

Yep! He’s gone

I really hope some in media asks herdman what happen here and why the massive fail here? Why wasn’t called sooner ? He has said in the media multiple times for a while now whoever calls me first I’ll play why didn’t Canada call first ? Why no friendlies ? Why hasn’t the CSA come up with plan during this crazy time? 

3 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

I still think Wheeler announcing publicly what he discussed with Herdman was amateur and naive to do, and only confirmed my concern that it could trigger something like this happening, the same goes for Ayo and the USSF

This is a strange gripe to have with Wheeler. Herdman told him some news about the national team and Wheeler (a reporter) reported it.

1 minute ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

We’re all seemingly forgetting (yet has been posted a couple times in this thread already) that the new FIFA rules still allows him to file his one time switch to us. No need to lock up the thread until that cannot be done. 

Get phonzie to give him a recruitment call and watch the Bulgarian tears

Very disappointing to lose a kid who was born and raised in Canada to a seemingly lower quality team. If we were actually playing the games we were supposed to be playing you’d think he would have filed his one time switch. Seems like the only way we could have snagged him was to organize a camp in Europe and considering our limited resources it was a for gone conclusion he was gone.

12 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

We’re all seemingly forgetting (yet has been posted a couple times in this thread already) that the new FIFA rules still allows him to file his one time switch to us. No need to lock up the thread until that cannot be done. 

Meh, kid doesn’t want to play for Canada. JH has talked about his players having the passion and pride of representing Canada, this kid doesn’t have that.

2 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Meh, kid doesn’t want to play for Canada. JH has talked about his players having the passion and pride of representing Canada, this kid doesn’t have that.

This is true. But himself and his agent also might be aware of the new FIFA rule change so they decided to pick up some Men’s national experience, as well as some Bulgarian caps, knowing it doesn’t change the fact he can still play for Canada 

Does anyone actually think Wheeler is responsible for this? Yankov would have been called regardless. The problem is that we did not cap him earlier, but even then he said he wanted to finish with the Bulgaria U-21 team, so yeah. Let us move on. What is done is done.

Edited by Obinna