Dominik Yankov

jordan

13 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I Have been pretty positive Hey awesome job on picking out the one post in awhile. It’s an exciting time. You’re incredible incessant ass kissing must be extremely exhausting for you. Unless you get some sick pleasure out of it. Just wondering Do you and the CSA have a safe word ? Is it buzz??

Hey Buzz if the CSA fires you, for some reason, you should take some screen shots of your posts on here and send them to the Chinese Embassy here in Ottawa. You would make a excellent a wolf warrior Chinese troll. Just an idea for ya here to help :) Hey don’t go away mad, just go away. 

Seriously dude? Grow up will you.

23 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's the last 24 hours of reading through this thread that makes me want to leave this site and never come back. 

I know.  The faceless interaction on the internet just brings out the worse behavior. You try pulling this stuff in a bar or at some place with other people and you'll get kicked out or never be invited back for anything.

I may be biased but it's a silly decision playing for Bulgaria over Canada. Bulgaria is trending down they haven't made it to a single tournament since 2004 and they haven't been to the world cup since 98. They only have two decent players in Kraev and Despodov.  Oh and they have those lovely racist fans. Canada on the other hand is guaranteed at least 1 world cup and chance to go deep in the Gold Cup (not the same as the Euros but still a tournament) we have quality young players in David and Davies plus some other up and coming youngster along with a solid core of veterans.  Idk if I were him I'd go with Canada. 

Edited by Nate3322

I think the "who called first" is understandable as it's sort of a tossup between long-term career convenience and a change to play at a single World Cup.

Bulgaria makes sense. He can play international football on a schedule that aligns perfectly with his club football, no cross-Atlantic flights to Toronto, let alone Trinidad and Tegucigalpa, with a chance to play in the Euros which is miles better than the Gold Cup, for a country his parents and from and he's lived in for quite a while.

I mean, are we even playing games? Bulgaria is. 

Edited by The Real Marc

3 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

I think the "who called first" is understandable as it's sort of a tossup between long-term career convenience and a change to play at a single World Cup.

Bulgaria makes sense. He can play international football on a schedule that aligns perfectly with his club football, no cross-Atlantic flights to Toronto, let alone Trinidad and Tegucigalpa, with a chance to play in the Euros which is miles better than the Gold Cup, for a country his parents and from and he's lived in for quite a while.

I mean, are we even playing games? Bulgaria is. 

Right - Bulgaria regularly plays matches, plays more high profile matches, doesn’t require the terrible concacaf travel. It’s not hard to see why he would choose Bulgaria.

I rewatched the OneSoccer video with Wheeler, and when he mentioned Corbeanu he said that he has filed his one-time switch, but when he mentioned Yankov he did not specifically say that, only that Yankov was "committed" to Canada. I don't know if any of Yankov's u21 appearances for Bulgaria were at a tournament, but if they were then he would need to file a switch, right?

EDIT: I listened again as I only remember Corbeanu playing a friendly for Romania youth, and Wheeler never actually uses the term "one-time switch", he just says that Corbeanu "has filed his paperwork" to switch to Canada.