Canadians Abroad March 20th to Unknown Date in the Future

jordan

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for March the 20th to Unknown Date in the Future
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread

• jordan pinned this topic

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but just for kicks, and because I'm bored AF, my top 10 list is as follows:

I actually considered 13 players with HM to Liam Millar, Sam Piette and Cyle Larin:

10. Doneil Henry

9. Mark Anthony Kaye

8. Jonathan Osorio

7. Miljan Borjan

6. Lucas Cavallini

5. Scotty Arfield

4.  Junior Hoillet

3. Atiba Hutchinson

2.  Jonathan David

1. Alphonso Davies

• jordan unpinned and pinned this topic
On 3/29/2020 at 1:58 PM, Ivan said:

Not sure where to put this.  Looks like TSN is doing a special (Thursday 730 EST) ranking the top CANMNT players in the world currently.

I’m looking at the TV guide right now and at 4:30 on Thursday, something called “Phonzie” is on. 

15 hours ago, Bdog said:

Guide as in the one on the remote, I don’t think they’ve made the physical ones for a while. I’m actually one of the younger ones here lol. 

I think they said they were making a mini documentary too

On 3/31/2020 at 10:04 AM, Strait Red said:

Based on the KJ & Caldwell podcast I listened to today, I think you might be right,

How much credibility will their rankings have if they claim Osorio is the 3rd best Canadian player in the world today?

20 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

No way in hell that top 3 should have anyone but Davies David and Hutch on it.. Dont get me wrong I’m an Oso fan but I think those 3 are undisputed at this moment 

I think because it's TSN he'll be up there. I've been wrong before and i'm prepared to be wrong again but if I had to guess it'll be something like: Davies, David, Atiba, Arfield, Borjan, Osorio, Hoillett, Cavallini, Kaye, Piette

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Would anyone take Osorio as even the best MLS canadian right now?  Cavallini, Kaye or maybe even Crepeau would be ahead of Oso.  I am a big fan but he is barely in the top 10.  Davies, David, Hutch, Arfield, Borjan, Hoilet, Eustqutio etc etc.  

Well, I think he is definitely close to the best Canadian in MLS.  I have him just behind Cavallini (and Cav hasn't proven himself in MLS yet).  He and Kaye (and Piette) are close, but Oso has a pretty good resume, as a solid contributor on one of the best MLS teams.  

9 hours ago, Ivan said:

Well, I think he is definitely close to the best Canadian in MLS.  I have him just behind Cavallini (and Cav hasn't proven himself in MLS yet).  He and Kaye (and Piette) are close, but Oso has a pretty good resume, as a solid contributor on one of the best MLS teams.  

Other than by scoring at a high rate in a far superior league and at international level, you mean?

No he hasnt.  He should..based on what you mentioned...but MLS is a different beast and we have seen plenty of players that should  have done well come in and shit the bed.  Playing on turf, the long travelling schedule, especially for Vancouver, sometimes it doesnt work, styles dont match etc.  I do think he'll do very well, but he hasnt yet.  

• jordan unpinned this topic