York9 - Season Thread 2020

In a short 8-11 game season your best starting XI and how quickly you gel is going to determine how well you do.  Hopefully all the early February - March training sessions with the domestic guys pays off.

An injury to the #9 spot could be crushing though.  Y9 has relied heavily on the international market to upgrade their attack.  Vasconcelos is the default in that spot without Ugarriza, Jaco and Hamilton.

Edited by Stouffvillain

2 hours ago, Stouffvillain said:

In a short 8-11 game season your best starting XI and how quickly you gel is going to determine how well you do.  Hopefully all the early February - March training sessions with the domestic guys pays off.

An injury to the #9 spot could be crushing though.  Y9 has relied heavily on the international market to upgrade their attack.  Vasconcelos is the default in that spot without Ugarriza, Jaco and Hamilton.

The team should have good chemistry with petrasso, mannella and vasconcelos probably the only new starters. 

Telfer looked decent as a 9 last year too so he could play there and Porter could slide in at rw if there's an injury. 

------------------Vasconcelos------------------

-Telfer---------------------------------Petrasso-

----Aparicio-----Mannella---Di Chiara----

Abzi-----Arnone---Gasparotto-----Doner

-----------------------Ingham---------------------

We've seen last season that Jimmy doesn't change players out if they are playing well.  In a short season without the 3 out of the country forwards I think that Y9 plays the XI above and only changes when injuries dictate (or U21 rules dictate).  Murofushi/Porter will rotate in midfield when games dictate it.  

9 minutes ago, Stouffvillain said:

------------------Vasconcelos------------------

-Telfer---------------------------------Petrasso-

----Aparicio-----Mannella---Di Chiara----

Abzi-----Arnone---Gasparotto-----Doner

-----------------------Ingham---------------------

We've seen last season that Jimmy doesn't change players out if they are playing well.  In a short season without the 3 out of the country forwards I think that Y9 plays the XI above and only changes when injuries dictate (or U21 rules dictate).  Murofushi/Porter will rotate in midfield when games dictate it.  

Probably the best lineup in the CPL hands down

2 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Probably the best lineup in the CPL hands down

I'd also be surprised if ugarizza doesn't start if he can get to Canada.  I was really impressed with his highlights in a solid league. He was kind of unlucky hitting a lot of crossbars. They might need to find a way to play petrasso, Telfer, ugarizza and vasconcelos. Maybe a 4-2-3-1 with one of them as the 10. I remember Jimmy talking about possibly playing Telfer there last year. Or petrasso at right back? 

1 minute ago, Mikmacdo said:

I'd also be surprised if ugarizza doesn't start if he can get to Canada.  I was really impressed with his highlights in a solid league. He was kind of unlucky hitting a lot of crossbars. They might need to find a way to play petrasso, Telfer, ugarizza and vasconcelos. Maybe a 4-2-3-1 with one of them as the 10. I remember Jimmy talking about possibly playing Telfer there last year. Or petrasso at right back? 

I wouldn't expect those not in the country yet to be available in a 8-11 game season.  Think that is why Telfer was brought in.  If they did make it in the country it could look like something below.

-------------------Ugarriza---Vasconcelos----------------

-------Aparicio-------Mannella-----Di Chiara-------------

Telfer-----------------------------------------------------Petrasso

------------Arnone---Gasparotto---Thompson-----------

-----------------------------Ingham---------------------------------

This keeps Abzi and Doner on the bench, our roster wasn't built for  the above.  In a full season I could see a game here or there experiment but we saw how much chemistry means in last years Spring season.  Look for the style of play, formation and players utilized mostly in familiar positions.

I'm sure I've read quotes from Angus McNab that the new foreign singings aren't in the country - if that's the case I don't think they'll be part of the team for whatever form the season takes this year. 

Has anyone else read or heard anything about them? 

5 hours ago, Stouffvillain said:

I wouldn't expect those not in the country yet to be available in a 8-11 game season.  Think that is why Telfer was brought in.  If they did make it in the country it could look like something below.

-------------------Ugarriza---Vasconcelos----------------

-------Aparicio-------Mannella-----Di Chiara-------------

Telfer-----------------------------------------------------Petrasso

------------Arnone---Gasparotto---Thompson-----------

-----------------------------Ingham---------------------------------

This keeps Abzi and Doner on the bench, our roster wasn't built for  the above.  In a full season I could see a game here or there experiment but we saw how much chemistry means in last years Spring season.  Look for the style of play, formation and players utilized mostly in familiar positions.

No way abzi is on the bench. 

He's the best defender on the team. 

3 hours ago, SadOnMondays said:

I'm sure I've read quotes from Angus McNab that the new foreign singings aren't in the country - if that's the case I don't think they'll be part of the team for whatever form the season takes this year. 

Has anyone else read or heard anything about them? 

Fugo and vasconcelos are with the team. 

10 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Just call the team York FC. It makes way more sense as you play at YORK University in North York and not in the York Region. 

For the benefit of those of us not from Toronto, is North York not in the York Region?