Canada vs Trinidad Series - (March 23 - 31, 2020)

Shway

22 minutes ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

We may be able to get a head to head encounter with el Salvador for the last spot in the hex. Since we realistically won't have the chance to play in the March or june windows

I don't think CONCACAF cares about that right now (if they ever did). Despite public awareness being through the roof now, this virus appears to be spreading exponentially.

-Wash your hands

-Masks are good if you have a cough or feel sick (they are more effective in helping prevent the sick from spreading germs than actually protecting healthy people).

-Minimize close contact with people who are at risk just in case you get sick (the very elderly, the very young)

-If football is put on hiatus, remember it will reappear.

-Don't eat Pagolins or Asian palm civets.

-Keep calm and carry on.

Let's take this one day at a time.

10 hours ago, InBorjanWeTrust said:

We may be able to get a head to head encounter with el Salvador for the last spot in the hex. Since we realistically won't have the chance to play in the March or june windows

Realistically this is very low on their list of priorities (who gets the last hex spot).

if the curve is flattened over the next month or two (after cancelled games in the upcoming windows). Would be interesting if they would put on a head to head or even a mini 4 team tourney with us Panama, EL Salvador and curaçao.

There are too many variables and people that would complain to do a mini tourney or playoff IMO. Why would Fifa bother, it is what it is and out of their control. As much as we loose opportunities to catch up so does everyone else. I would be really shocked if they didn't just proceed as normal and El Salvadore gets the hex place. 

Wouldn’t that be a punch to the gut. So many failed attempts at the hex, now this year we don’t have to worry about missing the hex due to legitimate sporting reasons (semi final group of 4) but we miss it because the corona cancelled our friendlies. 

41 minutes ago, toontownman said:

There are too many variables and people that would complain to do a mini tourney or playoff IMO. Why would Fifa bother, it is what it is and out of their control. As much as we loose opportunities to catch up so does everyone else. I would be really shocked if they didn't just proceed as normal and El Salvadore gets the hex place. 

Ultimately I agree - I mean realistically outside of us who cares about whether Canada or El Salvador gets last hex spot anyway 

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Is this speculation or do you have a source on that? Not doubting it could happen, just looking for clarification on the facts. Thanks.

Sports illustrated has just reported an indefinite suspension of the season

Edited by Floortom

14 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

1 case on Vancouver Island over half a dozen in BC, probably more on the way. 

As much as I think the risk is still low...

I don't see how any country especially a country like T&T, with 0 cases come here to play. 

I hope I am wrong.

I don't see it happening, either.  I expect an announcement pretty soon.