MLS Match Updates and Talk 2020

Big_M

I used to be a Canadian-team-only sort of MLS viewer, but I have to admit that having solid CMNT players on other teams has made me more interested.   If it wasn’t for Kaye, the odds of me watching an LAFC-Seattle game are pretty much nil, but now it is worth losing a bit of sleep (at least for a half).  

16 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Jakovic has a bit more pace than I remember. Quite surprising to see.

Well have to hand it to him at 35 years of age starting on one of the best MLS teams ,  Bob Bradley who showed so much faith in Kaye and gave him the confidence to be the player he is today is doing the same with Jaković making Jaković an everyday starter so far and he looks pretty good playing back there. If he keeps this up has to be considered as a starter for the national team too back there regardless of his age.

minnesota columbus in 30 min..there was a lot of talking from the staffs before this one..hamilton and edwards on the benches..seeing tarbell starting for columbus gonna say minnesota takes this one..but no surprise if columbus wins..they are sending a very strong 5 in the midfield

There were moments in the LAFC Seattle game where the defending and coverage was like an amateur match, I've seen more intensity and positional play at 7th tier, no lie. LAFC attacked through the middle and it was like the mids were these fat 48 year olds waddling back, and they blasted through, and the defenders raising their hands like, you goofs, come back and defend. Or deflections to the corner, and Rossi or whoever going out to pick it up, and no Sounder player near, not one, as if they were setting up for a corner kick when the ball hadn't gone out yet. 

I can honestly say it was at the level of a senior pick-up at times where you were there for the beer and the game mattered little.

what a strong tactical half by minnesota..shutting down columbus defensively and creating good chances for themselves..and of course they are deadly on corners and did it again..gotta stop talking so big about a team after a few games..columbus still has so much to prove