MLS Match Updates and Talk 2020

Big_M

10 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I have never seen a 24 team tourney where this many teams with losing records advance to the next round. Prediction: one of them will win the tourney. 

With that in mind, maybe the regional CGI ads for the Caps game should feature a promo for the BC Lotteries Corporation 😉

44 minutes ago, Big_M said:

valeri and ebobisse on the bench..will bwp strike again..and guess whos back..good old chris duvall

yes it was just a matter of time and WHAT A GOAL..how dumb was new york to let him go..what a beast

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Pretty stinky call to eliminate Houston. I thought there was no chance NYFC weren't going home and yet they are playing TFC now. Would have preferred Vancouver for tons of reasons.

i have never seen a 24 team tourney where this many teams with losing records advance to the next round. Prediction: one of them will win the tourney. 

Yes.  As i type, its half time in second game.  So far neither of the results in tonights game are going the way i would have liked.  

In tournaments like this, when you get to the knockout round it doesnt favour the teams who like to assert themselves on game.  Instead, it favours teams who are passive 

Edited by Free kick

In addition to the goal, Kaye has been spraying some nice diagonal pin point balls to the wingers on the left. I look forward to seeing him do that with Alphonso Davies on the end of one of those for the national team. The only thing is that he seems to have a lot of time on the ball to make such passes in MLS and one wonders if that will be the case against the better Concacaf teams.

Really poor half I thought from Taider. He'd get the ball in decent positions, stop, wait a beat, and then deliver a ball that more often than not was intercepted. No flow to his game. Montreal was static in the final third so not all on him but I think he has the ability to be better. Also contributes nothing defensively.

Really highlights how vital Piatti has been to Montreal over the years.

Also not a fan of what Corrales has to offer.

Edited by jonovision

2 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Akindele scores and it starts with Piette losing the ball in his half..his weakness exposed again..just not improving on that side

Henry should not be playing him there. If he's not your central DM, he should not be playing at all. Same for Canada.

1 minute ago, Big_M said:

even at dm he has that issue and if he loses the ball in the dm position its even more dangerous..has nothing to do with position but awareness and protecting the ball

At DM he's not being asked to be creative on the ball. I've seen enough of his play that he doesn't make that mistake in his preferred position. And again, his teammates need to give a shout when he's being tackled from his blind side.

Edited by jonovision

2 minutes ago, Big_M said:

unfortunately he does lose the ball like that at dm..that ball loss was on him unfortunately..you see why he was a d3 player in spain and not moving up

He's been an MLS starter under 3 consecutive managers and for Canada under 3 as well. If that's what a D3 Spain player does, then fine. He doesn't have all the skill in the world but fills a certain role better than most. Ask him to do something else and he's not a very valuable player.