MLS Match Updates and Talk 2020

Big_M

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Chapman didnt look too bad in his cameo for Miami last game.  

He also looked pretty good in his cameo for the 2nd game, spraying some nice long range diagonal passes all over the field. Unfortunately his teammate Mikey Ambrose squandered whatever opportunities were created.

Still at least he's getting some kind of regular minutes.

in the only match of the day vancouver up 2-1 on san jose at the break..vancouver got 2 in the first 20 then san jose got one at the end on a beautiful back heel on corner..san jose having so much possession wasnt working for them as they are good when defending with their man to man..but they got a number of corners and you could see it is well prepared and some very well executed and at the end they scored one..vancouver as usual defending zone on corners and players sometimes looking clueless and at the end they pay..now whitecaps only have young canadians on the bench and san jose has a bunch of weapons like fierro hoesen wondolowski salinas..so will get very interesting

51 minutes ago, Big_M said:

in the only match of the day vancouver up 2-1 on san jose at the break..vancouver got 2 in the first 20 then san jose got one at the end on a beautiful back heel on corner..san jose having so much possession wasnt working for them as they are good when defending with their man to man..but they got a number of corners and you could see it is well prepared and some very well executed and at the end they scored one..vancouver as usual defending zone on corners and players sometimes looking clueless and at the end they pay..now whitecaps only have young canadians on the bench and san jose has a bunch of weapons like fierro hoesen wondolowski salinas..so will get very interesting

and what happens in the 2nd half..they bring in those guys and score one then score another on corner with that same zone defending

Edited by Big_M

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

and salinas gets the winner with a solo run beating a bunch of players and simply putting it between crepeau's legs who had bad reactions on a couple goals..from 3-1 to 3-4..dos santos players missing excuses coming

10 hours ago, CANMNT_SUPERFAN said:

Terrible defending, Salinas just gets by these players far too easily!!!!!... Which goals you consider Crépeau to have had a bad reaction for????

I think Crepeau should of stopped the Wondo header.  To me that was the one he could have stopped.  I also wondered if he could of claimed/got a fist on the cross that they scored the tying goal on.  I thought he played well, but the second goal I think he for sure was partly at fault.  But Vancouvers defending was horrid at the end.  When SJ got the third goal you knew a fourth was coming.

Edited by Weng

4 hours ago, Weng said:

I think Crepeau should of stopped the Wondo header.  To me that was the one he could have stopped.  I also wondered if he could of claimed/got a fist on the cross that they scored the tying goal on.  I thought he played well, but the second goal I think he for sure was partly at fault.  But Vancouvers defending was horrid at the end.  When SJ got the third goal you knew a fourth was coming.

Last year I saw him being more assertive on corners and crosses but last night he was more tentative in the second half, which may have more to do with a new CB pairing in front.  He did originally step out on the tying goal but hesitated and back tracked.  But, as with last year, he made a number of top level saves as he faced another shooting gallery.

9 hours ago, Weng said:

The ball hung up in the air for so long that I thought Crepeau had plenty of time to dash out and claim it before it was headed.  It looked to me like the defender was hoping for that, as well.  But to be fair, most goalkeepers seem to stay in the goal mouth more often these days compared to the past.  Perhaps it's a new trend based on analytics.

montreal keeps sending the through ball to get the quioto vs gonzalez matchup..toronto doesnt adjust and montreal gets a goal and penalty from it..2-2..and a minute later akinola scores after a through ball..3-2 wow

Mixed bag from the Canadians involved tonight. Piette and Shome were played out of position by Thierry Henry and were poor as a result. ZBG and AJH were both solid in the second half. Jackson-Hamel cleverly set up Bojan with a backheel flick that should have been put away. 

Laryea scored against a helpless Shome and was otherwise ok. Shaffelburg with a nothing-burger cameo.

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

Don't forget the decent performance by Liam Fraser - kept the team in possession when called upon

Thanks. I new I was missing a TFC player in there. Constantly being yelled at by Vanney to "keep it" must get old though.