MLS Match Updates and Talk 2020

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mixed bag from the Canadians involved tonight. Piette and Shome were played out of position by Thierry Henry and were poor as a result. ZBG and AJH were both solid in the second half. Jackson-Hamel cl

There are protests happening with Black Lives Matter t shirts being worn and everyone taking a knee before kick off. That is sufficient to show support IMO There is no need to protest/disrespect the C

I have no idea what you are talking about.   Just an FYI. Fraser wore the shirt with the number 27.   You might have gotten him mixed up with someone elsae.

Posted Images

St Clair credited with four saves and the clean sheet. However Minnesota doesn’t score either and only makes one sub, which isn’t Edwards who stays on the bench. 

Chapman and Hamilton didn’t get off the bench for their clubs. And TSN just reported than Montreal traded Busch to Vancouver, which explains why he want dressed for Montreal, which is not good news for any of the Canuck keepers at Vancouver 

49 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

St Clair credited with four saves and the clean sheet. However Minnesota doesn’t score either and only makes one sub, which isn’t Edwards who stays on the bench. 

Chapman and Hamilton didn’t get off the bench for their clubs. And TSN just reported than Montreal traded Busch to Vancouver, which explains why he want dressed for Montreal, which is not good news for any of the Canuck keepers at Vancouver 

I doubt that this is a move with the long-term in mind. They probably found out that Hasal will be out for a few games due to concussion protocols and they aren't comfortable with an 18-year old backing up a 30 year-old career back-up as the GK status quo for any period. Max and Thomas will almost certainly be the GK pair for next season.

24 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I doubt that this is a move with the long-term in mind. They probably found out that Hasal will be out for a few games due to concussion protocols and they aren't comfortable with an 18-year old backing up a 30 year-old career back-up as the GK status quo for any period. Max and Thomas will almost certainly be the GK pair for next season.

Agreed, I was meaning more that it is not good news for the rest of this season health-wise. Good news for Pantemis though.

in other news, Kaye scores for LAFC against SJ.

11 games today..starts with orlando up on red bulls with 15 to go..miller starting and made a mistake leading to the goal against..akindele injured but dike doing very well so looks like starting spot is his..dc atlanta is next with both outside of a playoff spot and needing a win

Osorio, Laryea and Akinola to start for TFC, Fraser & Nelson on the bench.

Shome, Piette & ZBG to start for Montreal in what needs to be a must-win for them.

Tajon vs. Johnston in the starting line-ups for NE vs. Nashville, although presumably they will be on opposite sides of the field

antonio carlos the cb scores the third and they take it 3-1..camacho in the 11 for montreal and they have a weak bench..could be trouble and against a usual weak chicago but now they have two wins in a row

Hilarious and fascinating audio on this clip of the Refs sorting out an illegal substitution in DC as Russell Canouse wasn't on the team sheet but brought in at half time. My favourite bits include:

Ben Olsen to the Ref (after he suggested the two coaches and he step away from the camera to discuss what will happen): "I'm not going on to that field! They're going to fine me!"

Stephen Glass to Ref: "They give you the paper for a reason!" (referring to the team sheet). Ref back to Glass: "No, they don't give us paper. It's on our cell phones."

Glass continuing to whine "You better get this right, so Ref says "Stephen, that's not helpful". Glass "No it is helpful!" before seemingly discovering the existence of PRO for the first time in his life. "If you get this wrong, this is on your head!" Ref responds with "Okay, go!" while pointing at him to get out of his face.

Ref to Larentowicz - "Canouse is in the locker room", Larentowics back to Ref - "I don't care where he is. He could be on a helicopter for all I care" followed quickly by the still whiny Glass to the Ref "You're making this up!"

Ben Olsen to Stephen Glass " Do you want us to forfeit the game? Then shut up! Play the game! Stop talking and play the game!"

You couldn't script dialogue better than this for a move about soccer.

St. Clair with another clean sheet for Minnesota, this time against Nashville (which featured another 90 minute performance from Alistair Johnston at right back) but another 0-0 draw. Not sure what is with Adrian Heath's unwillingness in recent matches to use his bench - only 1 sub used in this match, leaving Edwards on the bench the whole game. This is the 2nd time in the last 2 or 3 games that's happened, even when his team needs a goal and isn't producing one.

probably because of the defensive side..they were defending well and that kind of game could be tricky so he didnt want to make changes other than cf..and they didnt absolutely need the win..good point for both sides in this one

11 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

St. Clair with another clean sheet for Minnesota, this time against Nashville (which featured another 90 minute performance from Alistair Johnston at right back) but another 0-0 draw. Not sure what is with Adrian Heath's unwillingness in recent matches to use his bench - only 1 sub used in this match, leaving Edwards on the bench the whole game. This is the 2nd time in the last 2 or 3 games that's happened, even when his team needs a goal and isn't producing one.

That was one boring game!

Kamal Miller played 90 for Orlando in a 0-0 draw against Atlanta. Tesho wasn't dressed (injured?).

Chapman didn't get off the bench for Miami again (well, literally speaking that isn't true - he was off the bench warming up when Higuain ran into his arms after scoring his goal, but you know what I mean...). Hamilton also didn't get off the bench for Columbus yet again. They are still dressing him every game now, even with Adi back healthy. Not sure why they are bothering though if they refuse to play him. Columbus is now on a 3 game winless streak as Montreal end theirs.