2020 Kit thread

Macksam

On 2/29/2020 at 2:01 PM, Ansem said:

Some guy I've never heard of and they say outright that it's a rumour and they seem to imply that they will all be identical and entirely black but it's not clear if it's really different individual styles of mostly black or mostly dark....

Sorry, I'm not wasting my time getting upset about this.

3 hours ago, vancanman said:

May I ask why?   Other than Toyota, I've never heard of any of them.

ill tell you why both magna, and Linamar are huge manufacturing companies that employthousands of people  here in Ontario, Shopify is a multi million dollar  startup in waterloo and unico is one of the biggest food distributers here in Canada

38 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

ill tell you why both magna, and Linamar are huge manufacturing companies that employthousands of people  here in Ontario, Shopify is a multi million dollar  startup in waterloo and unico is one of the biggest food distributers here in Canada

Ah, is Magna the parts supplier that Belinda Stronach owns?  Geez, I went blank on Unico as well (pasta sauce?).  Sorry, and thank you.  And to think I'll be even older and less with it tomorrow!

33 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Since we still have 2 teams running around with macron and One soccer on the shirt, taking some cash from anyone of those companies mentioned would be great.  

It was already bad enough having 66% of all Canadian MLS teams having the same sponsor.

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Since we still have 2 teams running around with macron and One soccer on the shirt, taking some cash from anyone of those companies mentioned would be great.  

Only HFX and Pacific now have the same sponsor (VW).  EDM now switched from One Soccer to Swoosh but I agree there are many companies with lots of money like Petro Canada, Cdn Tire and one of the major banks (with their billion $ profits) etc. that should step up to the plate.

If Videotron/Quebecor doesn't come on as a sponsor for a future Quebec side, I'd be very surprised. It'd be right up their alley and speak directly to their target market.

36 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

Only HFX and Pacific now have the same sponsor (VW).  EDM now switched from One Soccer to Swoosh but I agree there are many companies with lots of money like Petro Canada, Cdn Tire and one of the major banks (with their billion $ profits) etc. that should step up to the plate.

Swoosh is WestJet's bargain fleet. So although Calgary & Edmonton look like they have different sponsors, they're a sort of father & son line.

Macron is on every jersey, plus the big sponsor on one. Not really sure it's getting much extra value out of having the big spot as well, but I guess if Macron is kicking in extra cash for it, we'll take it eh? Low value advertisement does not equal high value returns for anyone. Another sponsor could use the spot for a greater ROI & a greater investment amount.

Unless CPL matches are distributed more frequently on channels other than OneSoccer, that's wasted value there as well. We, obviously, don't know if MediaPro is kicking in extra (hopefully they are), but they certainly aren't getting much out of it. As with Macron, another sponsor could use the spot for a greater ROI & a greater investment amount.

There are a lot of potential sponsors out there, but we likely won't see any step forward until we're through dealing with COVID-19's damage on the markets. When we get past 3-years of play, I think we'll really see the ball start rolling on that (assuming we don't get another big collapse of the markets).

Anyone else surprised Tim Horton's isn't a sponsor?  Considering their involvement with youth soccer and Clanachan's history with them I would've thought they would've had a presence in the league. 

I guess hot cups of coffee on the sidelines in the middle of summer aren't a easy a sell as in the cold rinks in winter.

Edit: Forgot about Forge

Edited by Stouffvillain
Forgot about Forge