The Dutch 2nd tier season is divided into 4 quarters. Sturing's teamate, the greatly-named Jizz has been voted the best player of the 4th quarter of the season.

He is also in the running for player of the whole season.

To any and all Voyageurs based in The Netherlands, take a moment and vote for the Jizz! :D 
https://keukenkampioendivisie.nl/stemmen-schilden/

As mentioned, despite the team finishing 2nd last, he was tied for 3 place in goals scored over the course of the whole season.

I guess it's difficult for the opposing team to keep a clean sheet when Jizz is involved! :D 

Honestly, this post has nothing to do with Frank Sturing; I just felt like posting about this guy. ;) 

I hope he moves to MLS or England or Scotland; the marketing opportunities, chants and jokes all write themselves!
He should put his first name on his jersey and be known in such a mononymous way like Neymar is or "Atiba" in Turkey.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An article from yesterday with some interesting tidbits: https://www.forzanec.nl/nieuws/nieuws/article/sturing-gaat-vol-voor-interlandcarriere-met-canada.html Sturing initiated contact with

I'm starting to believe that we have an AI bot that is slowly learning how to post on forums.

They are not likely actively scouting the last place team in the Dutch second tier

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

An article on Sturing's time with Canada in March:
https://www.gelderlander.nl/sport-nijmegen-e-o/frank-sturing-debuteerde-al-voor-canada-maar-was-er-nog-nooit-het-volkslied-heb-ik-helemaal-meegezongen~a19d5e21/
An interesting little read. On Insta, some of the guys were calling him Frank the Tank; seems to be well liked.

Despite FC Den Bosch finishing the Eerste Divisie 19th out of 20, he had a fairly decent end to the season.

He played every minute of the last 5 matches of the season; 3 wins & 2 loses with his team outscoring the opposition 15 goals to 7.
That's very good playing time for a Canadian centre-back.

Sounds like he really loved his time in camp. 

There were rumours he was linked to a number of CPL sides but if it was true I imagine with the pandemic staying and playing in Europe made more sense than just coming here and not having anything to do. Wonder if rumours pick up again now that his season is coming to end.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Shway said:

He’s another young guy who needs to figure out his club situation. 

Last I heard, he’s still essentially playing for free? Or as he plays?

Yeah this is why the CPL rumours made sense. He signed an amateur deal with Den Bosch to essentially stay match fit. It's not a downgrade if you're making free.99 a year at your current club.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

In a Dutch context an amateur deal probably means semi-professional and able to work a regular job during the regular work day rather than no money at all. Lower budget European pro clubs sometimes have a hybrid model consisting of a core of fully pro players supplemented by semi-pro players to fill out the roster and provide cover for injuries and suspensions.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot
On 5/26/2021 at 10:52 PM, VinceA said:

Yeah this is why the CPL rumours made sense. He signed an amateur deal with Den Bosch to essentially stay match fit. It's not a downgrade if you're making free.99 a year at your current club.

Yeah but if he goes to CPL, I honestly would not mind it if he did. However, if he would rather stay in Holland, then it wouldn't surprise me if Eredivisie teams eventually make offers for him in the future.