Montreal Impact 2020 Season

Big_M

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Is it too early to say Henry appears to be doing a good job?

Yes. Teams didn't  know much about Henry's style. It's a lot more different than before playing 3 at the back. I want to see where he is in 2 months or so. People will then have more info on the Impact.

Edited by Blackdude

The club said Wanyama will be their new DP. Saw his highlights. Pretty damn good but giving DP to a guy that’s had injuries now that’s a gamble that hopefully doesn’t end up in this video. What better way to care for your new asset then to have him hop onto the pitch at stade olympique. 🤦🏻‍♂️

7578F60A-F8EE-40C9-A8C0-C50114EF155C.jpeg

Huge gamble.  THIS is rolling the dice. 

If it doesn't work, it'll be another huge contract he can't unload along with Camacho, Urruti & Bush.  If it works They'll have one of the toughest midfields in MLS.  DP's would be DM, CM and AM.  Kinda strange at the same time, considering what they're really missing is a striker and depth at LB.

20 hours ago, Kadenge said:

This is not good news for Piette unless Montreal is going with 2 defensive mids

Piette has repeatedly proven he really struggles in a double midfield role.  He just doesn't have it and can't seem to adapt.  The only exception being that CAN v USA game where he was absolutely dominant.  Its the main reason for his bad start to the season, he's sharing the midfield in a 3-4-3 and can't find himself. 

I guess Wanyama could also end up as CB, cause at this point the entire system has to change if one more gets injured.  Yao doesn't seem to be 100% fit yet, and we all know Camacho and Raitala are out long term.

42 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Damn, that's a big loss...big o turf is killer

Ouch.  I'm still not sure Fanni is 100% either.  He was severely limping towards the end of the Revs game, it was obvious after the game as well.  Did not look good.  I love going to the Big O once year, but its just not worth it on that turf.  

3 hours ago, costarg said:

Huge gamble.  THIS is rolling the dice. 

If it doesn't work, it'll be another huge contract he can't unload along with Camacho, Urruti & Bush.  If it works They'll have one of the toughest midfields in MLS.  DP's would be DM, CM and AM.  Kinda strange at the same time, considering what they're really missing is a striker and depth at LB.

If you include Fanni at CB that's an impressive spine. I thought Quioto played some games at striker for his former club? Montreal have lots of wingers  when all are fit . There is risk but Victor has played at the highest level ,is only 28 and no transfer fee. 

9 hours ago, gigi riva said:

TFC fan here I Like what u guys are trying to do and wish you guys the best of luck , with both the Habs and ALOUETTES  both having crappy seasons this could be a good chance for the IMPACT to shine

Right back at ya brother.  Need more of this.  Respect!

OK, Urruti with 2 in one game?  turning point?  Hope so.  Crossing fingers to hold on and get 3 points.  7 Minutes added??? Crazy 

Crap only 1 point, but still positive.  Reffing horrible in terms of added time for no reason.  Rest up boys!  

Edited by HFX Wanderer