Canadians Abroad Feb 14th - 20th 2020

jordan

Jakovic played alright but could have been closer to the Leon goal scorer for the first one.  Didn’t watch the second.  Still worry about pace with out more experienced CB’s.  Really wish James would find a new club and begin playing at a half-decent level.  Vitoria is still in the mix as is Henry.  I would guess Herdman will go with whatever guys are playing regularly.  Hopefully we will unearth a gem or 2 at CB because it is the one and only position we lack Hex quality in.

1 hour ago, Club Linesman said:

Jakovic played alright but could have been closer to the Leon goal scorer for the first one.  Didn’t watch the second.  Still worry about pace with out more experienced CB’s.  Really wish James would find a new club and begin playing at a half-decent level.  Vitoria is still in the mix as is Henry.  I would guess Herdman will go with whatever guys are playing regularly.  Hopefully we will unearth a gem or 2 at CB because it is the one and only position we lack Hex quality in.

From what I understand Henry had a monster game today for Suwon

2 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

The second was also his fault. He ran back to get 2 Leon players onside without ever needing too.

4 hours ago, Colliedor said:

The second was also his fault. He ran back to get 2 Leon players onside without ever needing too.

If he didn't run back, the Leon team would have had a 3 on 0 break on the goalkeeper, with a 4th player arriving behind the ball to make it 4 on 0. I think most defenders would be racing back to help out in the same circumstances rather than taking a "ah what the hell, you can  fend for yourselves!" approach. I think most would be inclined to blame the guy who got caught in possession and gave the ball away (El Munir) to cause the 3-0 break to begin with if blame is going to be apportioned to one person. In reality most goals conceded have a series of players making mistakes (the fact that a 4 on 0 was about to emerge also suggests that other defenders were out of position).

3 hours ago, jordan said:

Europa

Arfield starts against Braga

Jonathan David starts against Roma

Huge comeback win at Ibrox.  3-2 after being 0-2 down.

David's Gent lose 0-1 away to Roma

Both Canadians go 90'. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• jordan unpinned this topic