Sign in to follow this  
jordan

Canadians Abroad Feb 7th - 13th 2020

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for Feb 7th to 13th 2020.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread

8 hours ago, jordan said:

90 minutes in a 1-1 draw, Gent is firmly second, but 12 points behind Club Brugge who have a game in hand

Doesn't really matter since Belgium has a system, which will cut their lead in half for the final part of the season. I still think Club is by far the better team as they have been strong for a couple of seasons now.

5 hours ago, shamrock said:

Doesn't really matter since Belgium has a system, which will cut their lead in half for the final part of the season. I still think Club is by far the better team as they have been strong for a couple of seasons now.

Yes the split, but like 6 or 7 points is better than what seems like will be 10 or 11

England

Hoilett is on the bench for today’s match with Luton. On in the 74th

Jackson starts against Exeter. Off in the 79th

Tom McGill is the back up For today’s match with Salford City

Scotland

Wotherspoon starts against Ayr. 90 in a 2-1 win.

Trafford starts against Livingston. 90 in a 1-0 win 

Zanatta starts against Dundee FC. 90 in a 2-0 loss

5 hours ago, jordan said:

Scottish Cup

Arfield starts against Hamilton. Arfield scores after missing his penalty, it’s 1-0.

Goes 90 in a 4-1 final, scores again in Injury time

I haven't been following how the schedule works in Scotland but it seems like every week lately is a Scottish Cup game and not a league game lmao

France:

Charles Andreas Brym played 90 minutes for Lille II. 2-0 loss at St. Genevieve. 

Germany:

Elva starts on the bench against his former side Würzburger Kickers. Ingolstadt is leading 0-1. 

Unfortunately Ingolstadt lost 3-1, could have been top of the table. Elva entered in the 57th. 

Portugal:

Vitoria starts on the bench for Moreirense at home against Vitoria Setubal.

Edited by shamrock

9 hours ago, Obinna said:

Looks like he started on the right side of a back 3. His team lost 2-1.

Yes surprisingly. CZJ still have a long way to go, but Zwickau isn't safe either. Lotte went down last season after being safe for most of the season.

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

Does this not seem odd? Any details?

I don't have any details (I am wondering myself), but OHL are now 2 points clear of second at the top of the table. 

On the positive side of comments I’d say he is likely still adjusting, may not be match fit yet?

The U21 team played Anderlecht U21 yesterday but i cannot find info

8 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Does this not seem odd? Any details?

This was a rematch of a game that was halted in November because the lights went out. A replay means you have to have the same squad as in the original game.

Also, I think it still was a game in the Apertura and not the current Clausura.

Edited by shamrock

England 

Hoilett is on the bench for today’s match with Huddersfield. 23 in a 2-0 win

Scotland

Arfield starts against Kilmarnock, just scored to make it 1-0. 90 minutes in a 2-1 loss

Paton starts against Hibernian, exits in the 68th down by 2

Wotherspoon starts against Motherwell. 90 minutes in a 2-1 win