Senorpopps

Atlético Ottawa 2020 Season

5 hours ago, Ansem said:

Don't quite understand Julian's problem with the CPL but at least he's consistent.  I wouldn't like to think he'd say anything to support the position of whoever his current employer happens to be.

5 hours ago, m-g-williams said:

Hell, after the crap he spouted last year, he should fear the taunting of supporters when playing at home. 

JDG is not a hated figure in Ottawa because until recently, most Fury fans in Ottawa had never heard of the CPL.  Personally, I have nothing against the guy (or at least he’s still in a credit position)

Edited by JamboAl

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

JDG is not a hated figure in Ottawa because until recently, most Fury fans in Ottawa had never heard of the CPL.  Personally, I have nothing against the guy (or at least he’s still in a credit position)

I have nothing against the cünt either. 😁

8 hours ago, Lofty said:

This has always been an adult site, not a kids' playground. But I see you are quite new here.

Put down the caffeine Lofty 😉

Edited by IAmPappy

Wow, Atletico Madrid is paying Simeone almost 2x more than Pep and 2.5x more than Klopp & Mourinho. Atletico Ottawa is just sparkling water on their dinner menu.

Edited by red card

Was remembering these days that in Spain the Ottawa Fury actually have been on TV, for a very specific reason, and that this may have helped their name recognition in forging the At Ottawa deal.

Canal+ showed the 2015 Soccer Bowl vs. Cosmos, not codified, as it was Raul's last professional match. I recall watching it, of course rooting for Fury.  While of course Raul is a Real Madrid legend, he did start at At Madrid and perhaps this little detail had not been forgotten by the Atlético FO: he was tearing up the u-16s and then the current CEO Gil Marín's father, Jesús Gil, disbanded their youth academy in a stupid, shortsighted move and Raúl moved to Real. 

40 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was remembering these days that in Spain the Ottawa Fury actually have been on TV, for a very specific reason, and that this may have helped their name recognition in forging the At Ottawa deal.

Canal+ showed the 2015 Soccer Bowl vs. Cosmos, not codified, as it was Raul's last professional match. I recall watching it, of course rooting for Fury.  While of course Raul is a Real Madrid legend, he did start at At Madrid and perhaps this little detail had not been forgotten by the Atlético FO: he was tearing up the u-16s and then the current CEO Gil Marín's father, Jesús Gil, disbanded their youth academy in a stupid, shortsighted move and Raúl moved to Real. 

Remember watching that match, interesting they showed it on TV over there. The high point year of NASL 2.0 in 2015 with Raul and the high point year of the Ottawa Fury as well.

I sure hope they'll provide a bit more than just the name and crest (already known) and colors (Let me guess, red and white). At least the head coach and a couple of signed players to give the fans something concrete. I mean it's just a couple of weeks before preseason starts and the'll have to start from scratch. Same goes for selling ticks...

I wonder if there has been some sort of "expansion draft" behind the scenes. Some clubs have released players that have surprised me (Arnone, Gogarty for example) while other players are still floating in the wind (Ben Fisk, Dean Northover).

I'm hoping Zoom signs for Ottawa. A couple of the HFX castoffs would also be good additions.

They must have some sort of core already “signed” for this season. Weather it’s ex fury players or 6 internationals from Spain. Hard to believe the season is three months away and there’s no work done on this part

7 minutes ago, top cheese said:

They must have some sort of core already “signed” for this season. Weather it’s ex fury players or 6 internationals from Spain. Hard to believe the season is three months away and there’s no work done on this part

Most likely they’ve already signed a lot of players. I’d bet they’ll reveal the info at a time chosen to maximiza exposure and marketing value. Maybe not even all at once. 

47 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

Most likely they’ve already signed a lot of players. I’d bet they’ll reveal the info at a time chosen to maximiza exposure and marketing value. Maybe not even all at once. 

Adonijah Reid...

12 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

That must be a joke...terrible

A beaver gnawing on a tree is a pretty good twist on the city of Madrid crest, a bear chewing on a mulberry tree. 

At least we still have beavers in Canada.