Atlético Ottawa 2020 Season

• Senorpopps changed the title to Atlético Ottawa 2020 Season

DC talking to the local CBC station this afternoon.

Can’t link for some reason but highlights:

- player signings will be announced starting very soon

- talks with AM began last spring, heated up after Fury folded

- as speculated MediaPRO brought the two groups together

- official announcement will be Feb 11 or 12

18 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Maybe there really is something behind the black shirt worn during the elevator teaser? 

When Jeff Hunt was interview by TSN recently he said the teams jersey will be “very similar” to AM’s jerseys. A black with red and blue trim away kit would be cool though.

56 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

When Jeff Hunt was interview by TSN recently he said the teams jersey will be “very similar” to AM’s jerseys. A black with red and blue trim away kit would be cool though.

They had a nice away kit for Atlético San Luis, dark blue with fine gold pinstripes. 

Also, it is made by Pirma, a Mexican sporting wear company, when At Madrid wears NIke. So there should not be a problem with them accepting Macron, who have done a good job IMO.

At Madrid is red and white but habitually has dark blue detailing. I don't really like it all, for me it is one of least attractive shirts in La Liga.

I'm hoping for Red and White and Black, but I could live with blue instead of black if it was a dark navy. I'm hoping for an entertaining style of play. I haven't really followed AM, so I don't know what they're signature style is like, but I expect the Ottawa branch will be expected to follow it.

"Nobody likes us, and we don't care!"

1 hour ago, Initial B said:

I'm hoping for Red and White and Black, but I could live with blue instead of black if it was a dark navy. I'm hoping for an entertaining style of play. I haven't really followed AM, so I don't know what they're signature style is like, but I expect the Ottawa branch will be expected to follow it.

It's a defensive style under Simeone but that could be a function of having to beat Barca & RM with less resources. 

They have been difficult for opposing attacks to break down and like to play on the counter. They are also equally able to play in possession and create chances when dominating games against inferior opposition due to their better attackers.

1 hour ago, Initial B said:

They’re a hard-nosed defensive team that focuses on scrapping it out and frustrating their opposition. 

3 hours ago, red card said:

It's a defensive style under Simeone but that could be a function of having to beat Barca & RM with less resources. 

They have been difficult for opposing attacks to break down and like to play on the counter. They are also equally able to play in possession and create chances when dominating games against inferior opposition due to their better attackers.

Exactly. Simeone has always preached "game by game", is very hard to crack defensively, and the team is frustrating for fans because they tend not to risk in the crunch. They tend to grind, with high level but not top level talent everywhere on the pitch. Atlético took a league away from Barça on the last game of the year in 2014, on a Godín header, with Tata coaching us and Simeone there. All we had to do was beat them and couldn't.

They are a tough team. They have the best sort of journeymen you can imagine in the midfield, great defenders and, IMO, the best keeper in the world in Oblak. They seem to not care about having a flashy winger, ever, nor a really stellar creative mid. Forget that. 

I don't think they'll be like that in Ottawa, all said, because that is Simeone. And fans do tire of him, of them, some say he is too safe; then others argue they are on their best run in history and why change. But Simeone is a special case and I don't think that means Ottawa has to do the same, because Ottawa does not have to rival two of the most powerful clubs in world football history.

19 hours ago, red card said:

Yes, they are an extremely disciplined club that don't destroy their opposition and they also never get destroyed by their opponents. 

-he's not change his mind

If this is about his view on CPL and Fury, I say this.

His career should be celebrated and we all collectively have massive respect for what he has done for the game and Canada. 

I would love to see him work for Soccer Canada in whatever role fits his knowledge...but we have to stop with associating him with CPL.

Time to move on